Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
i run autolite double platnum in my car and i installed then in vinces car (focusonmyzetec)

there real good plugs

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm getting spark plugs and wires for my b-day this month...I was going to ask the same question when I saw the topic already posted...any help would be appreciated...thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just put them in an all is well.
man I had started to notice a slight rumble at idle, now i know why. two out of four of my stock plugs were missing the second platinum tip!,
just missing! oh well, it's all fixed now

·
Registered
299 Posts
Autolite Platinums #AP5344

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Originally posted by FocusBoy:
Autolite Platinums #AP5344
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">there's 2 P's in there. and I concur on this product. had them in for a few months now and have had NO problems. smoother idle, and helps with high end power.

[ 01-04-2003, 05:29 AM: Message edited by: speedy_zx3 ]

·
Registered
359 Posts
Originally posted by ZincYellowZX3:
I have Denso Iridiums. They are great plugs, but not really worth it. I just got a very good deal on them.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What's the Part Number? Is it IT-16?

·
Registered
155 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ZincYellowZX3:
I have Denso Iridiums. They are great plugs, but not really worth it. I just got a very good deal on them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't think Denso made Iridiums to fit the focus
. I won an ebay bid claiming Denso Iridiums for the focus, but they were the wrong size, and when I talked to the seller, he called Denso and they had apparently messed up on a couple of the fitting charts, and the focus was one of them. When I check Denso and NGK, I couldn't find Iridium's for the focus from either company
. I just got some NGK Premium Laser Platinum's, although I haven't put them in yet.

·
Registered
321 Posts
How often do you guys change the plugs? I changed the stock set at 30K Km's and the difference was unbeliavable...Now I am close to 50K and not sure wheter I should go for an early change...

·
Registered
798 Posts
Originally posted by Auto_Focus:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by ZincYellowZX3:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What's the Part Number? Is it IT-16?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The number is actually ITV16#4.

And Mick, when did you win these plugs. Mine were ordered in late summer and they had just been released for the Focus. Check again with Denso, and use the above part number.

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Autolite double plats, everything else goes to poo in my car. They say that the plugs are pre-gapped, but don't you believe it, always gap them yourself.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Originally posted by Auto_Focus:
Excellent. Thanks for the info.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No problem. One thing to note: when I first got them, I thought the plugs might not be the right model #. The thread on the Iridium was longer than the stock ones. They ended up fitting fine, so the plugs were correct.

·
Registered
950 Posts
MotorCraft AZFS32FE x2 plats x4 =

·
Registered
155 Posts
Zinc, I ordered mine about 4 months ago. Would the year matter? Denso said they had some for ealier models, but not an '02? The seller must have had an old fitting guide or something? The funny thing is that the guy told me that he had sold them to many people for the focus and had no one else point it out to him? These spark plugs were at LEAST an inch too long
, I can't beleive no one else pointed it out? I don't know, but is there much difference between the NGK Premium Laser Platinum's and the Denso Iridium's? I originally wanted the Iridium's but I was told by that guy that he called Denso and they made the book wrong, obviously they do have some that fit the focus, he just didn't ask for a revised guide. If there is a difference I would like to get the Iridium's. I haven't installed the Laser Platinum's yet, so I could still sell them

[ 01-05-2003, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: mick_9 ]

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Why do you guys spend the money for the platnum and the iridium plugs

I hope its not for HP ,They are for engines that are going to run 100,000 and they arnt worth any power

tom

1 - 20 of 25 Posts