Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am dropping in my cams gears and tb and i am also gonna do my plugs and wires and i am curious what plugs people recommend...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm using Champion double platnums. I would recommend the ones I'm using or Autolite or Motorcraft. I would also personally recommend that you stay away from Bosch. I've tried two different versions of their spark plugs and both ran like crap in my car. From the looks of them they seem like they are too short. I don't know other how other people feel about them. This is just my .02.

Roger

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey all, now that were on this topic, why would Ford put a different plug in every second cylinder. I had 2 different plugs in my focus and the only difference was the color on the ends of the plugs where you attach the wires and 1 letter difference at eh end of part #. Can't remember what the part # was! I am one of those weird people who is running plat4+'s with no issues after ~ 1500kms!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by distance:
Hey all, now that were on this topic, why would Ford put a different plug in every second cylinder. I had 2 different plugs in my focus and the only difference was the color on the ends of the plugs where you attach the wires and 1 letter difference at eh end of part #. Can't remember what the part # was!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The engine would run fine on 4 single platinum plugs, but if the engine overheats, it only runs on 2 cylinders. That's why they put the double platinum plugs in those 2 cylinders.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Bosch is garbage... Stay away. I run Motorcraft plugs recommended by the dealer. Never ran better...

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
run the mfg recomended brand plug. if you have any thing changed and need to change temp rang then just change that. bosh suck in ford cars and motorcraft sucks in gm cars. but in the right car the car run beutifully.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I just put in Denso Iridium plugs last night to better cope with my 10mm LiveWires and Screamin Demon Coil pack.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Originally posted by phordman:
you dont melt the copper plugs?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have been using them in a turbo car for over a year with no problems. Motorcraft AZFS.22.C

I don't know if they have any effect on NA cars or not. I would just go buy two more double plats and use them (since our cars come stock with 2 double plats and 2 reg plats).

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well we have 4 regular plat's in euro foci's. Last week I tried Motorcraft coppers, and they ruined my performance big time (not sure if there was a gapping problem but I got them from ford dealer, they should have been gapped properly) Switched back to Motorcraft single plats and all is fine now...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts