Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Some models, maybe. I try to avoid generalizing stuff like that... even though it can be tempting.

·
Registered
829 Posts
um yeah dude..whatever! one there not all cheap and two some people like cheap. Some people can only afford cheaper models and that may be where the market is right now. IE the neon and cavalier. Me I can't stand cheapy cars but hey thats just me!

[ 04-16-2003, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Krmnnghia ]

·
Registered
354 Posts
posted 04-16-2003 12:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you guys noticed how much uglier and cheap looking GM makes their cars and trucks every year
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You forgot " the list" of cars you hate

All Saturns, the crapoler(sp?), Comaro, corvette.

I used to like comaros then they just stoped trying and let them run into the ground. As for the corvette, i dont really dislike it...but The SVT Cobra is 20k cheaper and not to much slower.

on the other hand the new trucks are much improved.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Originally posted by FocusXny:
As for the corvette, i dont really dislike it...but The SVT Cobra is 20k cheaper and not to much slower.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The Vette is only 10K more than the Cobra, unless you are talking about the Z06

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
A Z06 is cheaper than a convertible, only a little more than a coupe. And a LOT faster than a Cobra.

Cobra R is almost as fast, but about $3k more than a Z06.

I think most Chevys, a couple of Pontiacs, and a handful of others fit the generalization, but some are far from ugly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have you guys noticed how much uglier and cheap looking GM makes their cars and trucks every year?? YUCK...
Speakin on that, DamilerChrysler is almost the same..those neons are really ugly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
First Im not a dude...
second of all as far as the ugly factor goes, im talkin about the new cavs, the new chevy silverado and the new pontiac sunfire. I seen the look of the new Grand Prix and it looks very nice
and second of all, I didn't say nothin about not liking all cheap cars. Some cars just look cheap. In fact, that's all I can afford right now

Oh and its CAMERO not COMARO
sorry i just had to correct that

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'll read the actual post next time before replying, my bad

[ 04-18-2003, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: yellowlightning ]

·
Registered
159 Posts
Originally posted by Crankenstein:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Ashley D.:
Oh and its CAMERO not COMARO
sorry i just had to correct that
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">IT'S CAMARO, PEOPLE!!!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

GM Interiors are very plasticy, I don't like them. Ford does a good job with their interiors, everything seems to have substance, it's nice! And I don't know about car with "cheap looks"...I don't really think that exists anymore. Cheap looks maybe back in the early 80's when everyone was still using things like big chrome bumpers, and trying to accent things with chrome strips (look at the K cars...full of chrome strips, but did they look good? NO!). Today its more about how the designer sees it, and makes it happen. How they make it happen might be cheap, but I don't think we'd know about it too much just by looking at a bumper or a hood, for example.

Just my $0.02

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
Please people stop using the spelling CamEro
It has been called CamAro since the 60s, you think a few decades would be enough time to figure out the correct spelling

That said. I have to agree that GM seems to spend as little as possible on thier vehicles (Corvette excluded, if you ever see pictures of the plant or it's happy employees you'll understand the dedication that they put into that car) That doesn't make them garbage though. If I had only 14k CDN and was looking for a reliable new car with a warranty on it, I would be in a GM lot. The Cavalier and sunfire, ugly as they are, are solid, (solid meaning reliable) decent performing vehicles. While that may not be exciting, they has thier place in the market.

As for the GM giving up on the Camaro, it makes perfect sense. Nobody was buying it, why keep it? If you ever sat in one of the last ones built you would have no choice but to like it for what it was. It was horrendously fast, and most people will agree it was underated from the factory. The interior was nearly identical to the 1993 model though, but anybody that's driven one will assure you, the interior isn't really a buying point in the first place. Add to that some very impressive handling and you have a factory race car. The Mustang was more user friendly and catered more to the average person, including women (4cyl convertible anybody?), which is at least part of the reason it sold at a 50:1 ratio over the years.

GM is slowly coming out of it's slump though, there are some interesting models on the horizon, including the GTO, which is going to be a nice car. Pontiac is slowly killing off it's washboard cladding. The SSR Roadster/Truck, although rare to see, is a very beautiful design and is a sign of GM's eventual return to good looks. I'm hoping they decide to build the SS concept as well, although I doubt it will happen.

I wish Saturn would get a new designer though, that stuff only gets worse with time.

[ 04-19-2003, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Honkeytonk Monkey ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts