Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are these clutches compared to a stocker? My pressure plate went out on me. My stock clutch has around 60k on it and 34-40k of it was with the JRSC and lots of hard driving. Is the spec pressure plate just a painted stock piece? Also what about the sachs power clutch clutch kit on BAT, sachs has been doing the clutch thing for years. Any info would be great!

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
id look into clutch net, they are the only company that adss an additional spring inot the preasure plate. That other company's just paint the OEM one.

We have compared OEM, centerforce, ACT, Clutch master stg4, spec stg 2, spec stg 5, and the clutchnet Plate. Also the clutch net is in the $300 range.

·
TEAM Member
939 Posts
Sachs is an OEM and has higher QC than most aftermarket suppliers.I have used Sachs 'low lift' clutchs on many 3.0 V6 Contour/Cougar swaps.They make a good product.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
I run the Sachs power clutch and it has performed better than the stock unit in its ability to bite at the end of a 30 minute track session. Now with 30,000 miles and abut 1500 on track, it is starting to get weak when it is really hot.

I used to have inside info at Sachs, and the powerclutch disc is a different SKU than the stocker.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im going to go ahead and go with the Sachs power clutch. It will never see any track days so i think it should last me a good while. I have only heard good thing about there quality and durability, and the price was good also. BAT is great to deal with, they know there product! Thanks for all the imput everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts