Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be installing FC cat tomorrow. Anyone know about the above? Any tips? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
yeah its a socket the right size with a slit down the side so the wire can hang out and you can still use a ratchet. but you can always use a box wrench

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
he's talkin bout the upper o2 sensor which cannot be removed w/a wrench, you need a o2 socket...or do what i do, get a 12pt deep socket thats 1 or 2 size to big (SAE as well) and slip the wire in and then back out...thus allowing the socket to slide down onto the hex so you can break it loose...remember to put some anti-seize on them b4 you install em in your new exhaust piece

-Ult

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. I was able to borrow a o2 socket from a buddy. Install went real smooth.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I needed one here at home the other day (my tools are at my shop) I just ran to wal mart bought a cheap $5 socket acd cut a slit with an angle grinder

·
Registered
295 Posts
he's talkin bout the upper o2 sensor which cannot be removed w/a wrench, you need a o2 socket...or do what i do, get a 12pt deep socket thats 1 or 2 size to big (SAE as well) and slip the wire in and then back out...thus allowing the socket to slide down onto the hex so you can break it loose...remember to put some anti-seize on them b4 you install em in your new exhaust piece

-Ult

Copper formula never-seize is good, but i use Nickel formula, good for 2000 degrees.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
AutoZone has them for ~ $8.00
The guys at the AutoZone by my house must be idiots. I went in and asked for an O2 sensor socket and they had no idea what I was talking about. I ended up breaking off the latch protector on the connector so I could slip a closed end wrench over and down onto the sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts