Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im relatively new to the focus and my name is "I dont know shist about electronics" so.. my question is how to raise( i did search a little bit) the speed limiter on the atx( please dont poke your fingers and laugh at me) i heard that with some "codes" you can, some you cant..what the hell is the difference? how do you know your code? can i do it without getting a performance chip? Also, I think that some performance chips raise your rev limiter too...is that useful in an atx? hoe does that help you at all? I know i dont get much power from my POS atx at high rpm's so how would that benefit me at all? to sum it up..how can i go faster than 108 mph? sorry for too many questions, but i think it can help some newbies too. thank you in advance

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
welcome!!! y so interested in goin over 108 may i ask?? 4 a start, what is ur code? over on door jam passenger side....the 4 character code...examples like lfq0, xau1, zyf5...somethin like 1 of those. some u can, some u cant....yet still ur great need 2 go over 108, y? wonderin...

WELCOME!!!!

-Ult

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
the easy way to find you code is look in the passengerside door. by the hinge it should be stuck to the dash. is it is not there it will be on the ecu. stay in the pasenger side. open the glove box. by the rubber bumpers on the side squez in. let the glove box open ALL the way. look in for the ecu. it should be on the top. another way to get at it is passenger side kick pannel. there are 2 big plastic screw things. un screw them. pull the pannel out. look up in there. my code is aux0. other example is jfa8

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want it rasied for the simple reason...so that i can say "i can", i'd really tell you, but it is forbidden to tell such stories here...I think i got it...on the inside of a passenger sode door frame...it was small, and i mean small numbers...it said yu5a-******** i dunno, that all i could find in the dark using only matches. it was as sticker with all those tire measure thingies. and at the bottom it had a number. I'll look in the morning again. so, if i got it right whats the next step? thanx for replying
....and not laughing at my atx

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
ok now talk to indy here on the jet or find his website or superchips website or diablo chips websit or any of our sponcers should be able to help you get the right chip.

·
Registered
662 Posts
cjw0 is an automatic code and most of the time, the automatics codes do not have the speed limiter raised. At least not the Diablosport and Superchips.

Diablosport uses the 4-bank XAU068ks-4bank program and I know it doesn't raise the speed limiter. I can't say for sure the program from Superchips does or not. About the only thing you can do to know for sure is either find someone that has a Superchip and that code and ask them, or get the chip and find out for yourself.

The program on the Superchips dealer download area for cjw0 has the "_rs" indication, which is supposed to mean that the rev and speed limiter is raised, but there have been occasions where the "_rs" was incorrectly indicated on some automatic codes...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by zx3 focus racer:
whats that??? the first part of that is my code. what can it do for me
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The XAU068ks-4bank file is the 4-bank chip download for the 2001 automatic codes, JFR6, JFR5, SZR5, CJW0 ,CJW1, XAU0, XAU1 and any others I might have missed...

Before Diablosport made the 4-bank chip, there was only the 1-bank chip. The 1-bank chip could be programmed only for 1 specific code. The 4-bank chips allow Diablosport to create one program download for a series of similar codes.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
first, thank you for replying, second...what i understand is diablo chip wont do it, superchip might do it...correct? how come you cant just get into the computer and delete the speed limiter program? isnt there a way to program a stock ecu? or can i do that with say....superchip? thanks

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Originally posted by blackfocus757:
first, thank you for replying, second...what i understand is diablo chip wont do it, superchip might do it...correct? how come you cant just get into the computer and delete the speed limiter program? isnt there a way to program a stock ecu? or can i do that with say....superchip? thanks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No one has that software/hardware available yet.

If your diablosport chip is the XAU* series, then you will have extremely hard auto shifts, raised rev limiter and stock speed limiter.

·
Registered
406 Posts
You can always unplug the speed sensor on the transmission. I wouldn't recomend it though because your speedo won't work along with something else...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by blackfocus757:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You are very welcome.

Superchip might, yes. Since the file in the dealer download area has the "_rs" indicator, which is supposed to mean the rev and speed limiters are raised.

As far as being able to program the stock ECU. Both Diablosport and Superchips have hand held devices that allow you to mess with the ECU, just not for the Focus yet
Diablosport's is called the Predator, and it's for GM products. See http://www.diablosport.com/predator.html Superchips is called the Micro Tuner, but it's only available for the Trucks, Mustang and a few other cars, see http://www.superchips.com/ford_apps.html

·
Registered
354 Posts
You can always unplug the speed sensor on the transmission. I wouldn't recomend it though because your speedo won't work along with something else...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hell I'll do it!
That and get one of those GPS speedometers. I'll still have ABS right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts