Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current Speed World Challenge driver Leo Capaldi (screen name "68 Touring Car" on FJ) will be attending JetFest 05!

Come meet and talk to Leo about his race car, which will be on display, and pick up an autograph!

Check out Leo's site HERE.

·
Registered
247 Posts
sweet cant fricken wait!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Very cool....can't wait to talk too him abour WC racing..

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
He should drive the AutoX. That would be sweet. For us that suck, we can find out how much slower we are! And it might be kinda cool. Just an idea

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Just because you are good at road racing doesn't mean you would be good at auto-x. They are truly two different disciplines.

What's the popular phrase that autocrossers say? "If autocross were any easier, they'd call it road racing."

It is also said that autocrossers make good road racers, but road racers don't always make good autocrossers.

Of course, I'm not down playing his talent or skills one bit, just putting up some food for thought.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
<----Kicks self for not going to JetFest

Just because you are good at road racing doesn't mean you would be good at auto-x. They are truly two different disciplines.

What's the popular phrase that autocrossers say? "If autocross were any easier, they'd call it road racing."

It is also said that autocrossers make good road racers, but road racers don't always make good autocrossers.

Of course, I'm not down playing his talent or skills one bit, just putting up some food for thought.
I've seen guys who primarily road race get spanked at auto-x by the veteran auto-x'ers. Its actually pretty funny and humbling to see someone in a full out race car with tons of road race experience get spanked by a nearly stock Omni.

With that said, I don't think there's any way that Leo should be allowed to not run in the auto-x.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
you have it backwards...if autocrossing was any harder, you would have to try...and yes way back i ran a few when they were still called gynkhana'a, 1 ftd, 1 2nd ftd and a few 1st's in class...decided it was no where near expensive enough so went racing, lol

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
i've seen *good* road racers get spanked by average autocrossers! i've also seen good autocrossers defeat road racers in comparable cars at trackdays.

soooo yeah maybe if JF06 includes a friday trackday at GingerMan we can put this debate to a close haha

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
and yes way back i ran a few when they were still called gynkhana
Gymkhana and autocross are quite different.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
<----Kicks self for not going to JetFest

I've seen guys who primarily road race get spanked at auto-x by the veteran auto-x'ers. Its actually pretty funny and humbling to see someone in a full out race car with tons of road race experience get spanked by a nearly stock Omni.

With that said, I don't think there's any way that Leo should be allowed to not run in the auto-x.
So ERIC!!!
GO TO JETFEST!!!
Registration will re-open next week!!!
Yes, we need Leo to bring the WC car onto the Auto-X for some Exhibition runs....

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I know one autoxer that also road races and would clean the clock of a lot of racers. plus he is about 80yo. He runs a formula Ford road(some times AutoX too) and a lotus super 7 at autoX. he comes out an shows us how is is done.

Tim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts