Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who sells a Focus application--including rear discs too (A-trac), if possible. Part numbers would be helpful if known.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm talking about the one-way check valves on the calipers--so that you dont need 2 people to bleed the system...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I'm talking about the one-way check valves on the calipers--so that you dont need 2 people to bleed the system...
I think I remember somebody posting the info either in here or in the brakes forum. Perhaps over a year ago. I assume a search has resulted in nothing than more questions? Hmmm....

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I assume this is something like what you're looking for: linky from quick google search
But sorry, no info on rear calipers...

But a sure fire soultion would be to call Todd at TCE and see if he knows what ones will fit and if he has them in stock.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Speedbleeder.com web page

Just called and ordered some...all 4 for $32 shipped.

Would've preferred to give a sponsor the biz, but seems like none of them carry these...(hint, hint sponsors)

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Except that doesn't solve the issue of having to jump out of the car to top off the reservoir every time you pump the fluid out of it.

And they claim $300 for a pressure bleeder??????? WTF how do they get off with that claim?

You found a cheap solution, but its hardly the easiest, IMHO. Seriously, that Motive unit is quick and simple.... and it really does the trick. Acutally... thinking about it... these would be nice in addition to the Motive unit... but they're hardly the miracle that they claim to be.

The new and improved way
Introducing SPEED BLEEDER®, the patented bleeder screw with the built-in check valve. <font color="red">It is truly a one-person bleeder screw.</font> Once installed, it becomes a permanent part of the brake system. When it is time to bleed your brakes, you loosen the Speed Bleeder 1/4 turn and pump your brake pedal. When the pedal is depressed the pressure generated opens the check valve letting air and brake fluid out of the end of the Speed Bleeder. When you release the pedal and it returns to the up position, the check valve closes and prevents any air from reentering the system through the Speed Bleeder. <font color="red">When bubble free fluid is evident you close the Speed Bleeder. </font>
How are you supposed to see that there is no more bubbles if you're in the car pumping the brake pedal?

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have used these many times on the old IT7 car. I'd run a clear (aquarium) hose off the bleeder valve into a clear bottle...when the fluid in the hose is bubble-free (usually 4 or 5 pumps), just tighten it back up...top off M/C and move on to next corner. I could bleed all four brakes on the RX7 in about 10-15 minutes with the car on the ground.

They are dandy little items that do what they say...

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I'm still confused.... either you're in the car pumping the brake pedal, or you're under the car watching the fluid come out of the valve into the bottle

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fluid does not get sucked back in (thanks to one way valve)...so you loosen the bleeder, hook up the clear hose and bottle, get in car and pump pump pump, get out and look at the clear hose and repeat if necessary until the hose is bubble free. Once the bubbles are no longet there, tighten the bleeder and move on to the next corner.

Comprende?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
i need to replace my bleed screws and i will probably be replacing them with speedbleeder screws, but i'll be using them in conjunction with a motiv power bleeder. it's just so much easier to turn the bleed screw and out comes the juice

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I use a vacuum pump type bleeder, it hooks to the bleeder valve and draws the fluid though the system apposed to pushing it. I guess it would work with that type a valve, but there pretty slick.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Fluid does not get sucked back in (thanks to one way valve)...so you loosen the bleeder, hook up the clear hose and bottle, get in car and pump pump pump, get out and look at the clear hose and repeat if necessary until the hose is bubble free. Once the bubbles are no longet there, tighten the bleeder and move on to the next corner.

Comprende?
Si... yo comprendo. I still think its easier (and its just my opinon) to screw on the cap... pump the pressure bleeder to 20psi... go around to all 4 wheels and bleed em out... unscrew the pressure bleeder and be done with it.

My way doesn't have you ever needing to pump the brake pedal.... thats all.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm just an old--and old-school--fella, I guess
I like my way...done it so many times that I'm just stuck in that rut

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
i need to replace my bleed screws and i will probably be replacing them with speedbleeder screws, but i'll be using them in conjunction with a motiv power bleeder. it's just so much easier to turn the bleed screw and out comes the juice
Please just send me the money you are going to be spending on the speed bleeders! If you are saying you will be using them w/ a pressure bleeder; you will be doing the same exact actions as someone with out the speed bleeders and a pressure bleeder.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
i know this, but if i need bleed screws anyway, and they aren't much more than the OEM ones, and they pretty much guarantee no air getting back into the lines, and ostensibly run a less chance of freezing up on me again, why not do it?

·
Registered
316 Posts
An easy, stupid simple way to do this, and I have done it before is:

Just take a length of silicone or some other hose, about 1/8th"ID slip it over the fitting, and have it dip down into a cup wiht 1" of brake fluid in it.

then open up your brake res, add in some fluid to fill it to the top, and start pumping. What happens is since the hose is under the level of the brake fluid it never sucks in air. you can flush the entire system this way with only one person (pending you know how many times you can pump before you drain the res.

Its cheap, simple, and fast. an old race car mechanic showed me that a few years ago and I use it every time now.

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts