Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and didnt really come up with anything...

What would it take? Im pretty sure I'd want to swap in an MTX75 as well... Can you just plug in the companion ECU from the Zetec? Axles? Obvoisly motor mounts... What else?

Not that I dont show love to the SPI, but I've already got acouple Zetec's laying around the car Im casually looking at picking up has a pretty well beat SPI... oh, and an Auto...

·
Registered
38 Posts
It is possible, I just found this out from a guy at www.focussalvage.com the wireing harness plugs right in and everything sets right into place. Talk to them for more info.

Jon

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
you need a zetec alternator, PS pump, only one or two of the connectors off the zetec engine harness, zetec ECU, AC compressor bracket, intermediate shaft bracket, halfshafts (if you are using the mtx-75), for mtx-75: shift cables, shift assembly, shift tower, cable bracket, motor mount, throttle cable, ORP or cat pipe.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for the info... Doesnt seem too bad... Like i said, I have a couple Zetecs and the SPI in this one has 80+K on it already... And I have a wealth of Zetec performace parts laying around. So i think I'll just turbo the zetec swap.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
So i think I'll just turbo the zetec swap.
eeeh. I've got a Zetec with 50k and a SOHC with 100k. From the research I've came across through out the years, I have more trust in my old CVH block then I would in my "half the milage" Zetec block. I know it sounds like I'm bashing the Zetec, but a lot of ppl think just because it has 2 cam's it must be stronger.

Just remember, your old SPI motor has a history of being a strong OEM turbo motor. Ever here of a Esocrt Turbo RS?

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or an 83-85 EXP 1.6 Turbo? I know, I know, I've got an 87 Scort with a 1.9 CVH... Not a bad little motor... But I also know that Zetecs are very stout as well. But you never know... if the engines in there already and it doesnt run terrible, it might be fun to try and boost or nitrous it before I do any yanking.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The Zetec has the CVH beat on head flow, or at least I would hope so. If you where building a all motor project, I would say go with the Zetec. But if your planning on boosting a stock block, the Zetec's pistons and rods arnt any stonger then the old CVH.

·
No Indians, only Zuul.
1,119 Posts
when my motor blew i looked pritty heavly into the zetec swap but there were way too many unknowns and the over all cost was way too much. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
483 Posts
We did d.bluefocus21's swap for him.....not too bad as long as you have all the parts.....I do have a complete swap instock......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts