Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 SPI Sedan and I am thinkin bout gettin the SVT springs. I want to know if I would be ok with just the springs or if I should go ahead and get the whole SVT suspension kit. From what I have read the rear sway bar that comes with the kit will not work on an SPI, correct me if I'm wrong though.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
You'll need more than the springs anyway... You'll need the struts/shocks, as your struts/shocks will not work properly with the SVT spring... (they'll physically fit, but it'll ride like poo).

..as for the rear bar, it MAY fit your SPI, but you'll need to see if you have the rear bar mounts in the rear, and then you'll need the brackets. If the mounts are not present on your SPI, then you'll either need to fabricate mounts, or replace the rear crossmember with a bar-friendly unit.

....or you can purchase the kit, and install all but the rear bar, and toss the rear bar up on the For Sale section.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, thanks for the quick response. If I decide not to use the sway bar, is there a sway bar that with work with the SPI without changing anything extra out?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey guys I would like to know where should I go and what should I do to put a rear sway on the spi WITH pics please, I have a metal shop just besides our garage here in town.

Thanks!

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts