Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I was on my way home from Dominoes and my girlfriend was driving, I thought it would be cool to open one of the garlic sauces for the cheese bread and throw it. Well it got on my seats. Now problem is, soap and water doesnt do it, so I got some DuPont Teflon Carpet/Upholstery Cleaner, I put it on and scrubed, I'm waiting for it to dry now. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything I can do if this doesn't work. And yes I'm not going to be throwing anything out the window anytime soon. Thanks.

-Ryan

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Turtle Wax Power Out upholstery cleaner first, to loosen up the crud, then go over the upholstery with some resolve at 100% strength and pick it up with a hand-held steam cleaner (or a hand attachment for a large steam cleaner)

If you don't have a steam cleaner, ask married friends or relatives that own houses. Someone you know surely has one they'll let you use. If not, rent a rug doctor.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
good stuff Noah, was gonna say the same thing!

·
Registered
114 Posts
taht sucks... thats why when i got this car i layed down a strict no eating or drinking (unless its water) in the car rule... even for myself but man its been worth it... yeah all i can think of are the wet dry vac.s and stuff may take alot of scrubbing and really working at it tho... :-\

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
I'm serious about the Resolve carpet cleaner. The Turtle Wax power out uphostery stuff does a good job at loosening up solids and waxy/oily stuff. But the magic for getting the last bit of stinky residue out is Resolve, and a good vacuum. A steam cleaning vacuum will work better because heat also helps melt and release oily stuff from upholstery fibers.

Soak it with Resolve and use a real steam cleaning vac (not just a wet-or-dry shop vac), do it a few times if needed. I'm sure it will do the trick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts