Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok how do you get sponsored to the point where you get parts free or at a discounted price? i see so many people with sponsorships that just drive their cars around town all nice. how do i strike a deal like that? who do i call or what?

·
Look under the curve... UNDER THE CURVE!
3,134 Posts
You have to know people and bust your butt, both on selling yourself andputting money into your car. Companies don't make a habit of giving their stuff to random people. They're going to support people that they know are dedicated to their product, going to spread the word about their product, and be able to demonstrate the superior nature of their product in competition (be it racing, dragging, SPL, or showing).

You need to set a goal for your car (racer, dragster, SPL, show), start working towards your goal, make a point to enter as many events as possible, make a [positive] name for yourself at said events, figure out what companies are going to help you most successfully meet your goal and send them a nice booklet describing yourself, what you've done with your car, and what events you've been involved with. Then maybe you'll get some stickers and a little bit off your orders.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, especially when it comes to cars. The people with nice cars around here are putting a lot of their own money into them. Some of them work pretty closely with a tuning shop, but it's still expensive.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Ya man. You need to put the work into your car to get recognized. There are countless people that want a free ride. I have put many years into my connections and been loyal to few shops. Starting to pay off now but still do not get things for free. Like guitarseth said. Put the work in, show you deserve and you might get lucky..

·
The best part about me is that I think I am better
4,481 Posts
very very very few people get sponsorships.
unless you have a long history and track record of building cars of either racing pedigree or high end show winners, you might as well forget the idea.

Shops tend not to sponsor cars unless you are best friends with the guys that run it or at the very least an awesome networker and a very marketable person.

Shops will be able to pick up sponsors for their own cars based again off a track record of building amazing cars. even then they often do not "own" the parts on the car but they are being "loaned" to them.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Also remember that just because someone has a sticker on their car for a certain Manufacturer does NOT mean they have a sponsorship. It means they have a sticker.

·
The best part about me is that I think I am better
4,481 Posts
Also remember that just because someone has a sticker on their car for a certain Manufacturer does NOT mean they have a sponsorship. It means they have a sticker.

:lol:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea im going to lincoln tech soon and i plan to learn all i can about cars. i enjoy working on cars. and to me the best part is cleaning up your shop after customizing something.you got your clean shop and your clean ride. i want to open my own performance shop one day. have to see what the future shows?

·
Ask me about my e-peen
707 Posts
Shops tend not to sponsor cars unless you are best friends with the guys that run it or at the very least an awesome networker and a very marketable person.
Yes and no...
you have to remember, business is business, and EVERYONE that is in business is in business TO MAKE MONEY (bottom line)... if your looking for a sponsorship, you have to realize the "sponsoree" is looking for a return (read $$$).

when you prospect yourself to a possible sponsor, you have to ask yourself, "what can I offer the company that is helping me out?". Nothing in life is free.

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
from a businesses prospective, i get people asking me quite frequently for some-sort of a parts sponsorship. 9 times out of ten they can give me no information to what they intend on doing to the car. companies want to know what your plan on entering the car in, how often, and how you are going to market the company for them. and the biggest thing is, how long until the car is finished.

most people who ask for sponsorships have not even finished the car, and I personally know that the majority of the parts I sell never get installed until months if not years later. a company would not want to give you anything of significant value if they do not see you having the car at events very shortly

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I have a FULL SPONSORSHIP!

All of my parts are completely PAID IN FULL!

It's AWESOME.

It's by my visa....

:lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts