Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Stoned Scorpion says, "GET OVER H.....OOhhh! Brown
11,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have the eibach sportlines on their SVT??? If yes, how do they ride? Are they bouncy when you hit the slightest bump?

-SPATAKULA

·
Registered
303 Posts
That's probably going to depend on what dampers you have and, if they're stockers, how old they are. With correctly matched dampers you should have a firm ride, but not a bouncy one.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
That's probably going to depend on what dampers you have and, if they're stockers, how old they are. With correctly matched dampers you should have a firm ride, but not a bouncy one.
I would agree with that. If you plan on changing springs then I would suggest changing the shocks and struts as well. This will make for a all around good ride. The only problem is that the sportline springs may be a little low.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sportlines drop less than an inch? I thought the drop was supposed to be something like 2" on a Focus, even with the SVT sitting 1/2" lower a regular Focus I would have thought the drop to be more than that. I though the Prokit drop be around ~1". Learn something new everday

Anyway if you want to lower your car without replacing the dampers, I would suggest trying the Prokit or something like that, you won't be quite as low, but your stock dampers should last a little longer than with the Sportlines or any other "race" spring.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sportlines drop less than an inch? I thought the drop was supposed to be something like 2" on a Focus, even with the SVT sitting 1/2" lower a regular Focus I would have thought the drop to be more than that. I though the Prokit drop be around ~1". Learn something new everday
The SVT is closer to a inch lower than the base. Since the sportlines will lower a base 2 inches, it lowers the svt about one inch. The pro-kit springs hardly make a difference in the SVT, in terms of ride height.

Here's a shot of DJ Sures (posted above), rolling on sportlines and 40 series rubber:

Here's my car on sportlines and stock 45 series tires:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Sweet - thanks for the info and the pics guys. I'll take a look at anything else you've got too. I've been thinking about going this or the Progress spring route for a little while.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
i have sportlines with eiobach pro dampers i love the way they ride and also love the look. i ran them on my car for about 3 months with the stock dampers and let me tell you you really need to get the eibach dampers if you want to go with sportlines.

·
Stoned Scorpion says, "GET OVER H.....OOhhh! Brown
11,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweetness thanks guys!!! oh yeah i was looking at the kit from tirerack and does the dampers have the little holding bracket for the brake lines and stuff. It didn't have one on the pic but i figured it was a default pic.

-SPATAKULA

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
From all those pictures it looks like the sportines lowered more then a inch
All the cars pictured look really low to me.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Sweetness thanks guys!!! oh yeah i was looking at the kit from tirerack and does the dampers have the little holding bracket for the brake lines and stuff. It didn't have one on the pic but i figured it was a default pic.

-SPATAKULA
yeah they have the braket to hold you brakes lines.

·
Registered
133 Posts
There is one important thing that I think everyone is over looking here(i think i'm right?). The sportline springs have a softer spring rate than stock!! You will actually lose handling. The pro kit is slightly stiffer than stock. If all you want is looks the sportlines will be fine, but if you are looking for handling go with the prokit. I have the prokit and you can tell a difference in the look, but I have 18s so it is more noticable. The prokit works very well with the stock dampers to.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
There is one important thing that I think everyone is over looking here(i think i'm right?). The sportline springs have a softer spring rate than stock!! You will actually lose handling. The pro kit is slightly stiffer than stock. If all you want is looks the sportlines will be fine, but if you are looking for handling go with the prokit. I have the prokit and you can tell a difference in the look, but I have 18s so it is more noticable. The prokit works very well with the stock dampers to.
sportlines with pro dampers does not make you lose handling it betters it i know i drove angles crest (a very long twisty road) everyday to and from work with the stock suspension and then with my new suspension and it was much better i also took it to the streets of willow for a redline track day and it was right up there with a guy who had a full coilover setup. if you dont believe me ask slidemaster he drove my car many times that day.
it all comes down to what you want i personally did'nt think the pro kit was low enough.

·
Registered
133 Posts
^^^^^^ what does it looks like with the 18s?????

Here's what it looks like on my car with the prokit springs and stock shocks

·
Registered
133 Posts
sportlines with pro dampers does not make you lose handling it betters it i know i drove angles crest (a very long twisty road) everyday to and from work with the stock suspension and then with my new suspension and it was much better i also took it to the streets of willow for a redline track day and it was right up there with a guy who had a full coilover setup. if you dont believe me ask slidemaster he drove my car many times that day.
it all comes down to what you want i personally did'nt think the pro kit was low enough.
I'm no expert, but I am a race car engineer, and I am having a hard time understanding how a softer spring rate equals better handling(in this situation anyway)? The only thing I can figure is that the pro dampers(and lower ride height) are helping those soft springs tremendously. I'm not saying that your car doesn't handle well, I'm just trying to understand
Besides, I've never talked to anyone with sportlines who didn't scrub, unless they went to a lower profile tire. I am still inclined to say that sportlines=best look, prokit=best handling. I'm just looking at numbers here, I only have the prokit and I cannot speak for "seat of the pants" of the sportlines. Just my two cents
By all means prove me wrong, atleast then It will make sense to me

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
im running the stock continentals and i have no problem scrubing. all im basing my facts on is my track day and everyday driving i know at the track the the car handled awesome with the sportlines and damper combo im not sying it handled better than the pro kit but for sure better than the stock SVTF suspension. i did drive my car with the stock struts for while and it did feel really soft so assume the dampers had a lot to do with the overall handling. also Slidemaster a very good racer/driverdrove my svtf and drove another svtf that day and he said they both were handling awesome the other guy had kw coilovers i believe. id say the sportlines arent the best as far as handleing but the point im trying to make is they are for sure not worse then the stock SVTF setup which you had stated in you other post.

·
Registered
133 Posts
im running the stock continentals and i have no problem scrubing. all im basing my facts on is my track day and everyday driving i know at the track the the car handled awesome with the sportlines and damper combo im not sying it handled better than the pro kit but for sure better than the stock SVTF suspension. i did drive my car with the stock struts for while and it did feel really soft so assume the dampers had a lot to do with the overall handling. also Slidemaster a very good racer/driverdrove my svtf and drove another svtf that day and he said they both were handling awesome the other guy had kw coilovers i believe. id say the sportlines arent the best as far as handleing but the point im trying to make is they are for sure not worse then the stock SVTF setup which you had stated in you other post.
I simply said the spring rate was softer than stock, and that the prokit would work better with stock dampers(short version). You are confirming my guess that the dampers played a large roll in the handling to. Like I said before, I wasn't infering that your car didn't handle better, I was just trying to figure it out, which you answered that question to

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I simply said the spring rate was softer than stock, and that the prokit would work better with stock dampers(short version). You are confirming my guess that the dampers played a large roll in the handling to. Like I said before, I wasn't infering that your car didn't handle better, I was just trying to figure it out, which you answered that question to
roger that!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts