Ford Focus Forum banner

Spring into Focus?

1K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  BrokenSVT 
#1 ·
I know its several months away, but is it going to happen again this year? And when?

#3 ·
Well, I don't go to Fanatics. So, care to give me the 411?

#5 ·
Sounds like its going to be here on Sunday 4/28:
http://www.metroparks.net/xxParksHighbanksFacilitiesReservable.aspx
(Northern, which would be the same place it was 2 years ago)

Highbanks Metro Park
9466 Columbus Pike (US Rt 23 N)
Lewis Center, OH 43035

I will post more details as the date nears. I'm assuming it will start mid-morning and go into the afternoon. Should be fun, anyone up for the drive is welcome as usual :)

#6 ·
3.5 hours....doubt I'll be making that

#7 ·
why not? I drive 4.5 every time I go....I've gone 4x so far... I am however old friends with bonacci01 who lives maybe 20mins from SIF so I make it a visit to him and crash at his place for the weekend, that way I'm not doing 9hrs of driving in one day for a 4-5hr event lol. I'll let you sit in the RS lol

#8 ·
I should rephrase:

If I still have my SVT, I wouldn't trust it to make that round trip with no issues.

:lol:

#11 ·
^That's a shame. It's been years since I went, but it used to be a helluva good time.

#12 ·
I didn't make it last year....but the year before that, and two years before that were really enjoyable for me. This year there won't be awards or anything like that....just a meet&greet type thing at a pavillion with some food/BBQ

#15 ·
Last year was cold, definitely was more fun the previous two years. I didn't stick around last year long enough for the awards but i find it fun checking out other focus's. I don't get to see too many too often, let alone rs conversions :cool: Just hope my car never falls into the tacky category....

Speaking of cool cars, anyone talk to Art? Mr. Coswagon from Euclid (iirc)? If yes, please invite him, I'd like to see his wagon again.

#17 ·
Is this new SiF run by new school people, and people that actually like FF? I am embarrassed for them, they make the Focus scene look stupid. I used to go to the Columbus meets at the Highbanks in 2002 and 2003. Great times, great people that were the real enthusiasts of the Focus scene.

What has happened all these years? Back in the day we improved our suspensions, bought nice wheels & tires. Now people glue, hack, or pimp with Plasti-dip. What is wrong with these turds? I'm sorry, but if I was to hold an event I would not allow these dollar store modded cars to attend. If is a car show, then SHOW me something not embarrassing.

If you are reading this and you do not have much money to mod your car... The old school real enthusiasts UNDERSTAND. Come to a focus meet with your stock focus washed and waxed looking new again. That's love for the focus, and we know it! Come talk to the people that have been on the scene to find out what the worthwhile mods are, and where the best deals can be had. DO NOT put a stick-on hood scoop on your car JUST because you feel the need to attend "modified"! All you have to do is love your Focus.

#19 ·
At least Ohio's roads are better :lol:

#20 ·
I was gonna post something on here too. I reserved the pavilion. I really hope my car wasn't in the tacky category with my green wheels and green valve cover. Jordan I'm sorry you didn't enjoy yourself but ill def see you at Focus Rising. As stated its just more likely gonna be just a meet and greet/swap meet if you have parts, also BBQ also. I've been going for at least 3 years now. I just figured the pavilion wouldn't be cold.

#21 ·
Sorry last year was miserable. I don't control the weather. I'm sorry the new school members "suck" at putting together SIF. Those who don't enjoy it are welcome to stay at home. At least there are people willing to try and keep it going despite that fact that many have moved on and no longer follow the Focus nor are they around to put together the event. Anyone who doesn't mind the event and had fun is more than welcome to come.

It is April 28th 10:30 am- 4 pm

#24 ·
Ill be there for sure. I used to go years ago, and then fell out of the scene but Im back with my new ST and will be there supporting all Focus owners, young and old, helping and encouraging whoever I can. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones. Ya'll take care!

#28 ·
Your Plastidip looks fine, as I've commented in person!

I wish I could have gone...work was too important. I haven't been to a Spring into Focus in several years.

A couple of buddies went, and I hope they remembered stickers for me :)

#27 ·
We are here now...there are a few here..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

#29 ·
Had a handful of guys there. A lot of first timers. Its hard to think im becoming an old timer in the Focus scene. Dang I'm old.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

#32 ·
Yeh, maybe next year I can find the time. The ZTS will definitely be better-prepared to show off by then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.