Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the jet. Was wondering if others had a problem with their Focus sputtering. Almost as if the car is starving for gas. Has only happened twice, so, of course, service departments can't duplicate the problem to solve it. Yet, I've found numerous posts about the problem from other owners. Any suggestions on mods that solved the problem for members?

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
What year is your Focus? Some of the older ones had problems with the fuel pump. There's actually a TSB or Recall on the fuel system for certain years.

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
I haven't heard of the problem with a 2003 ZX3 before. What were other conditions like when it happened? Were you above half a tank of gas? going up a steep hill? On a sweeping curve? Flat, straight road?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both times simply heading down the freeway at 70mph. Tank was 3/4 full the second time, 1/4 tank the first. No sweeping turns. Had driven most of the day without problems at all, similar driving.

·
I'm the 'intellectual' here
4,225 Posts
What kind of mods have you done to the car? If it is stock, I have no idea what is wrong...if you have done a few things it will be easier to possibly find a solution or troubeshoot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts