Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a while ago about my 'squeaking power sunroof.'

It in fact, wasn't the sunroof, rather some assembly above the headliner, behind the drivers seat.
When i go over a bump, i get this squeak / creaking sound.

if i press DOWNWARDS on the headliner / assembly on the drivers side when the sunroof is open, it stops.

It sounds like a piece is loose / and rubbing on another.

Does anyone have instructions on how to simply remove the headliner in a 2002 ZX3 with power sunroof option? i really dont want to go to ford again. They always manage to keep my car for a whole day and break something else.

Even just a pic of the roof behind the driver's seat without the headliner (and equipped with power sunroof option) would help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I would like to know this as well. My Sunroof (liner) is making the same noise when it's open. And... I feel the same about the ford dealers doing interior work...They ALWAYS make things worst!!!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Removal of the headliner requires all the Pillar trim pieces to be removed, the dome light and the weatherstripping around the sunroof may need to be removed also. You will want to remove and push pins going through the headliner into the body also, I don't think there are any though. Once all this is done, the headliner will come down and can then be removed from vehicle. The cloth part of the headliner is attached to a chunk of formed cardboard that will all come out as an assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts