Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PZEV with about 6800 miles on the brakes and wheels. they have started to squeek significantly in the final moments of braking and i have no clue what could be causing it.

The car is relatively new with 80% of the milage being highway travel, so i dont think hard braking is the cause. i also checked the rotors for grooves with my finger to see if the squeek peg could be causing it. the only other situation that i could think about is a bad case of brake dust.

if anyone has any info they could share on the situation as far as what to check, what i should know, etc, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Mine squeak as well, but when I let off the brake, any ideas why it does that?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Well well well!!! People who have the same problems as I do. A brief history: I have had my Focus ZX3 (2001) for two years. Squeeky brakes ever since I bought it brand new. Changed all my brakes and rear drums at only 11,000 miles (pathetic). Once they installed the new parts, guess what?!?! MORE SQUEEKYNESS!!! Still have them on my car to this date, I have 19,665 miles right now. I have the same problem at the last second of braking, and when I let off the brake pedal. Guess what I did today! I went to Les Schwab to get my brakes checked. The guy said it sounds like its coming from the rear. So, I did a little experiment once I got home. Parked on my driveway, and didn't pull the ebrake. Let off the brake, and heard the squeek. Pulled the ebrake handle up, let off the brake..WOW NO SQUEEKY SQUEEKY! So, I just called Ford, waiting for a damn return call.. It seems that the problem is with one of the rear drums, or it could be associated with the ebrake system.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Well. My cars scheduled for Friday October 10th for a check up. I suggest you all do the same

1 - 4 of 4 Posts