Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dunno what I wrote which makes him think I'm all mad about his replies, but I guess he is reading into things way to much.

http://www.fordcontour.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2956

Now, please note, I said IF I drop more cash into the focus, I will do it right and go all out on the engine. But on the other hand I'm also debating getting somethign nicer next spring/summer, if I decide to call it quit on the focus. But read for yourself...no clue what this guys problem is...

·
Registered
641 Posts
Is it always about speed ?

=dRe=

·
Internet = Serious Business
628 Posts
Just a bunch of dumb kids arguing over who's car is faster and what theoretical combinations of add ons on what car will be faster than some other car.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Moving over to PitStop.

Ollie, your car is <font color="red">hot</font>!

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it always about speed ?

=dRe=
exactly - I just don't see where he is coming from? The only reason I posted the dyno of Toms car was to show how much someone is able to tweek out of our cars with the right mods. Yeah no question, the focus is not fast at all if you compare it to others. But you can't compare a 215+ hp car to a 130, at least in my book it doesn;t make sense.

Oh well...I guess some people need to make themselves feel superior. But when it comes down to it - it is still a NEON

·
Registered
148 Posts
Oh oh - My car is fast!!!!! I can drive it real fast in a straight line cause it's the easiest way. I don't mess with those corners and ape-exs or what ever there called. I just won't tell you that before I had this car I drove an 1982 AWD Subaru Justy. But now that I got this Jeep, err, Chrysler, err, Dodge ya Dodge PT Cruiser, duh, Dodge NEON Im a SUPER STREET sponsored street ripping up MONSTER!!!!!!!! I also know all about turbos now since my car has one. I bet you didn't know you get a Ph.D in Turbo Sciences when you buy the car. And until they make a Dyno big enough to hold my cars power from the "Turbo Upgrades" you won't see one!!!!!!

What a f'n joke. The only real car I saw in his pics was the Lancer. Last time I checked HonDuhhhh and Dodge weren't doing to well in the FIA World Rally Series. It's kinda funny how an SVT only ran about a second and a half slower than a Lancer EVO at this track day I was at. I don't know what's worse - Internet Racers or Street Racers.

Squig

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh oh - My car is fast!!!!! I can drive it real fast in a straight line cause it's the easiest way. I don't mess with those corners and ape-exs or what ever there called I just won't tell you that before I had this car I drove an 1982 AWD Subaru Justy. But now that I got this Jeep, err, Chrysler, err, Dodge ya Dodge PT Cruiser, duh, Dodge NEON Im a SUPER STREET sponsored street ripping up MONSTER!!!!!!!! I also know all about turbos now since my car has one. I bet you didn't kow you get a Ph.D in Turbo Sciences when you buy the car. And until they make a Dyno big enough to hold my cars power from the "Turbo Upgrades" you won't see one!!!!!!

What a f'n joke. The only real car I saw in his pics was the Lancer. Last time I checked HonDuhhhh and Dodge weren't doing to well in the FIA World Rally Series. It's kinda funny how an SVT only ran about a second and a half slower than a Lancer EVO at this track day I was at. I don't know what's worse - Internet Racers or Street Racers.

Squig
OMFG - ^^ that just mad emy night...
I couldn't have said it any better. LOL

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
I know my GF has an SE. I lean forward in the seat when I drive it in a vein attempt to go faster.
Jebus Cripes! Will it ever end?
Hey....
I do that in my SE....but alas...it works not!!

haha

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It amazes me this thread was started to discuss such an innocuous other thread. It looks to me like two guys BS-ing around.
just wait till you are around a lil longer. Alot more stuff that will amaze you...

The thread was started cuz I wanted to know if I wrote anything which indicates that I'm pissed off. That was what I wanted to know. I for my part am not 'Bsing' around. I know which way I am going, with either the focus or a new car, and I simply stated that.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It amazes me this thread was started to discuss such an innocuous other thread. It looks to me like two guys BS-ing around.
just wait till you are around a lil longer. Alot more stuff that will amaze you...

The thread was started cuz I wanted to know if I wrote anything which indicates that I'm pissed off. That was what I wanted to know. I for my part am not 'Bsing' around. I know which way I am going, with either the focus or a new car, and I simply stated that.
It seems from this thread's sarcastic title alone that you aren't happy with him. He has a smiley after the "Don't be mad" and with his overall jovial tone, it seems to me like he was just kidding around and for some reason you're deciding to take him seriously. Just my opinion.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Ollie, Your Car LOOKS SWEET!

It's Missing ONE Visual thing. (Which is VERY Functional..)
Call Tony D about the WeatherTech WeatherFlector Visors.
Easy Install/Removal..., NO 3M Tape, NO Theft, unless you leave your car sitting in Scary Places w/ the Windows ALL THE WAY Down on a Regular Basis.
They Work Well Visually w/ the Tint.
The "Smoked" looks Tinted, yet is as Transparent as Mild Sunglasses from the Inside.
They allow Much more Comfy Use of the Side Windows.

As far as the Thread goes...???
Some people are just Plain Simple in their Thinking.
No Group is without these people.
Ignore them Whenever Necesary.

Tell Him I'll race him w/ my 117 HP and 128-"or so" (Can't say "i s h" with the Swear-Filter...
) TQ All Day on an Auto-X Course. See if he wants to bring his Car to Knoxville and Play... If he wins, so Be it. I'm Game...

·
Registered
582 Posts
It seems from this thread's sarcastic title alone that you aren't happy with him. He has a smiley after the "Don't be mad" and with his overall jovial tone, it seems to me like he was just kidding around and for some reason you're deciding to take him seriously. Just my opinion.
thats pretty much what I got out of it too.
that guy drives a contour rite?
when did srt4 owners come into play?

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Michael - cool thing. That's something I will definetly consider. So these thing just get stuck between the window and the window frame? no 3M use?

Blue - I can assure you that I'm defiently not taking anything serious the guy says. Just cuz there is a smiley next to what he says doesn't mean anything. I just wanted to get some 2nd opinions on what people think about it. That;s all.

And yes - if you read the thread and look at his sig, he drives the yellow srt4.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
sounds like he has an inferiority complex personally, and to answer your question Ollie: no you didn't say anything that should have started that. No matter how many smiles he puts in his posts he's still a jerk with a Neon. I'll take a WRX over the SRT-4 anyday

1 - 20 of 35 Posts