Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i just got my headlights in the mail from european-parts.net

and there came with wires... i dont know what im doin with them.

plus... what bulbs do i get for the low beam and then the high beam?? where could i purchase them?

and i can just use the turn light that is in the grill and move it over to the bulb hole for the turn in the headlight correct?

i'm so excited to get these on my car... can anyone help me with my problem?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
if your gonna put your bulbs in the headlamp sockets, you gotta extend the grille wires, as they are not long enough.
For the bulbs, I dunno which ones u need, try doing a search. As for wiring goes, it is almost the same as wiring our HID lights, check out www.ofoc.ca/hid for some tips, but dont complain to us if it is not acurate for your headlights, its just a guideline.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
H1, H7, and the blinker is a basic bulb (forget the number).

the wires are a VW adapter... you have 10 wires total, 5 per side.

you need to insert wires to the 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 pins.

1: high +
2: low +
3: signal + (i think)
4: city + (i think)
6: ground

3/4 may be reversed... do a search here and check it.

the city light bulb is a 194.
H1, H7 for high / low.
And yeah, you'll need to splice / cut into the stock marker / signal lights and extend the wiring about 2 feet to connect to 3,4. there are 3 wires on the plug there. one is marker, one signal, the other is ground. extend the marker and signal wires. if you want, extend the ground and tie that into the other ground on the HU's as well, but you dont have to.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks a lot demonfire. i did do a search but i didnt really come up with anything. so i guess i'll take your word for this haha.

and what does the city light do anyways?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so when i splice the wires...

i can have the city light be the ALL TIME parkin light? and the turn be just teh turn? or what? i dont know what this "city light" is actually used for. whats it do.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You are correct, the CITY LIGHT is used for your parking lights, they do nothing but light up and look like the shiznit at night.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also the turn signal is a 1156 bulb

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
RE: Citylights in the ST-170

Use a W5W bulb and not the 194. It's the same shape and plug-in design but it's twice as bright. The W5W is a GE# and should be found in most parts stores.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts