Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Yeah, you lose bottom end torque but get a ton of upper end.

You can regain some of it, but you'll still have a little hole below 3000 rpm with Stage 2 crowers.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Yes you lose low end and TQ...Yes it is noticible..but its not as noticible as the gain up on top is...you dont even know when you hit 6000RPM is how good the power is..and stock or minor bolt ons you get to like 5600RPM and kinda feel the power slowly drop off...all in all when said and done with all the bolt ons and cams you can have nice high end and nice low end...but if you are really TQ crazy I would just use the stock cams...

·
Registered
997 Posts
thats supposed to happen cams dont just bolt on more power, they also move the power curve higher, if you wanted to get more bottom end you should have gotten stg 1's

·
Registered
204 Posts
i dissagree. crane stage 2's gave me a HUGE torque curve. but not much up top. depends on the cam.

·
Registered
733 Posts
To make more torque a turbo would work the best....

Aggressive cams are designed for Higher RPM Usage.
thus lower RPM HP and Torque are not addressed.
I would suggest going to a certifiable Cam grinder and inquire about the best cam grind for your needs.. Our 4 cyl engins are not torque monsters like the inline 6's and V8's
I have adjusted my driving style to blip the throttle more about 2500 + - to get the cams in a better range for take off and such during normal driving. as below this they are pretty gutless.
personally just keep adding bolt ons and the HP and torque will increase...till you hit the wall and are "forced" to go forced induction.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was only asking how bad do you loose TQ but if the power increase is good then who cares. I do like torque. I had a 2001 GT Stang running low 13's so torque yes I miss very much but I'll never get that torque back in a focus. As long as I gain some good power @ higher RPMs that fine.
Thanks guys, I'm waiting for this weekend for the install ! I can't wait.

Do you guys have any tips on what to take precausions @ ??

Thanks again

STEEDA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts