Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know what the fc and fs headers are made out of but would a SS header hold up a whole lot better than them? Is anybody gonna put one out soon?

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
tuan....that would cost you about $800-1100 for a custom one...

But dont worry man, both companies are steppin it up a notch, and a few more choices will be made as far as what sort of race header you want from them, so dont give up yet man...

OR hell, just get the SVT header, it will be quieter, look oem, and since its so damn thick and beefy, it will never give you problems

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wouldnt get the svt header because its too much fab work to be done and looks like it looses power. I hope someone makes a real good QUALITY SS race header soon.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I wouldn't just use one dyno run to say the SVT header loses power...

And to clarify. The SVT header will NOT LOSE power over STOCK ZX3. It will make good gains over the stock ZX3 4-1 collector and HUGE brick CAT. I am betting that if you tested the SVT/CAT package Versus the ZX3 cat package, you would recognize substantial gains. I think this is the b2b test that needs to be run.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the svt header will make more power than a stock zx3 exhaust manifold. But i'm running a FC race header and so far the svt claims a lose compared to it.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
dont get too excited, it actually lost more torque...than HP, ALL across the board, youre not gonna gain torque with a 2" SVT header....as you will with a 1.5" 4-2-1 race header...

Although i FULLY agree, the SVT header will still make WAY more power over the stock zetec manifold setup...no doubt

And for those that want clean, oem look, with cat and all, the SVT/cat combo is still the best i think

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Tuan,

I believe the Steve Smith 302 SS 4-2-1 Race Header sells for around $450.

Not positive on the price, but it's close to that.

- Drew

·
Registered
371 Posts
I apid $450 for the mild steel coated Steve Smith header. That was like two years ago so the price may have changed.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Originally posted by focusownerskid:
Tuan,

- Drew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Does he have a website?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Originally posted by focusownerskid:
Tuan,

- Drew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">STEVE SMITH doesn't make his header anymore....he felt competition was too fierce, and too many copy cats out there of his header....

i talked to him a couple months ago about them.

[ 10-19-2002, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: FocusedOne ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts