Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
\"Stall\" with my ATX?

alright lately some weird stuff has been happening to my car...i drive my car hard, always have always will...and i have noticed lately when i hit turns hard (left or right) and punch the gas my engine literally STALLS, RPMcut out and drop until i let off then roll a little and they kick in again...WHATS WRONG? it sometimes happens on straightaways too so it may not be because of turns but mostly its on turns even tho i get all ****-eyed thinkin "why on turns, whats going on?"
HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!!

-chris

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Re: \"Stall\" with my ATX?

you are victim of the [censored] fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts

yep... it's a dead fuel pump...

this is usually caused by the craptastic fuel filters this car uses... filter clogs, pump over-works, pump dies

·
Registered
2,907 Posts

how many miles dude?
my atx stalls on me. but at a stop i think its me steeda hot air intake/ dirty maf/ what the hell ever!

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

alright thanx alot guys...do u think i should bring it to ford and have them check it out, or should i just swap the fuel pump cuz i kno ford will charge me a ball and a leg...

-chris

·
Registered
2,907 Posts

droping the tank is not to easy. if you have some friends it should not be to hard. me personaly if i was in your position i would find some one else ball and leg and just pay up! ie have them do it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts