Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now i have the FS race header and flexpipe, with the flowmaster cat back, it is so loud. I want to get the FS stealth system or another system that will not sound like rice. Does anybody have soundclips of the FS stealth system?

IM also open for sugjestions.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
my clips
they were recorded on a laptop and i didnt have room to place it off-axis at all, so it's like 10ft behind tailpipe. when you listen to "rev" the rice-ness in the last rev is due to my mic distorting. "rev" and "start" are self-explanatory and outside. "takeoff" and "accelerate" are inside, "accelerate" is a slow build in speed, followed by a cruise at 55.

ps, this is stock header, so add a few dBs for yourself.
it is also to be noted that i have a volant (inside loudness) and this is an automatic.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I have are race header mated to the stealth system. The exhaust is quiet, there is a little growl but over 3.5/4k you dont even hear the exhaust. So
for FS stealth system.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
You can just wield in a big resonator, that should quiet it down.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Steven, I have that 31" resonator I'm not using. You can give it a try.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
One thing to keep in mind, just because you weld in a muffler, glasspack, or resonator, that does not mean that you've not lost HP or TQ. Unless you are taking the time to conduct back to back tests on the same car on the same dyno, you could be losing power. We didn't just guess and get it right the very first time. It took some research and development to come up with a "Stealth" system that didn't lose power.

·
Registered
446 Posts
From what I've heard, your stealth options is only a Magnaflow resonator. You could pick one of these up for around 40$.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've heard many (including my own) with a Stealth system from FS. There's no way you CAN'T like the sound. I've had it on my car with stock headers, FC raceheaders and now the SVT headers. It's just pretty. It's not too loud. It's not droning at freeway speeds, it's just right.

They did a great job on this system.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Right now i have the FS race header and flexpipe, with the flowmaster cat back, it is so loud. I want to get the FS stealth system or another system that will not sound like rice. Does anybody have soundclips of the FS stealth system?

IM also open for sugjestions.
One thing that you should really know, is that if you get the stealth option from the beginning, it's a lot cheaper than getting it down the road.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes i know, i have a glass pack on there now and it just buzzzzzz and sounds really bad. gonna order the stealth system in a week or so. thanks for all the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts