Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered it, I have heard good things, what do you guys think of it? was it easy to put on/ any tips to help me? thanks

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Personally I will say great choice.

When Steeda was designing it they used my 2002 SVTF as a donor car for test fitting.After they finished the final design they gave me one for free and took pictures to add to their installation sheet.The pic in the ad of the Steeda Intake is of my engine bay.
It should be fairly easy to install and comes with a complete set of instructions along with install pics.You will notice a deeper tone from it when accelerating and improved throttle response plus an approx. 7-10 whp gain.Also they will give you 10% off of their parts for being an SVTOA member which you automatically are the first year then you have to renew at a yearly charge.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I think it's great. You'll have to port your TB to prevent a 70 mph whistle. I have only two complaints: No heat sheild and no CARB. But I do think it's the best bang for the buck in air filters.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have it as well and love it with exception of the fact that the metal ring on the air filter vibrated on my battery bracket. I installed some adhesive foam on the bracket and have been good to go since. It does have a nice induction whistle if you are into that. Very easy install as well.

·
6,259 Posts
would i really get 7-10hp at the wheels?
Most likely with better airflow.Steeda did a before(stock) and after(short ram installed) dyno run on my SVTF and it showed an improvement of 10 whp.Results may vary of course.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just a question....did they reset the computer between dyno runs when they changed the intake? I have been wondering about this question ever since reading about an Impala that picked up over 20hp with an intake change but, after 1000 miles was only making a couple more than it had stock.

Seems that changing to a lower restriction filter will instantly make more power because the computer is still using the fuel trims from the old system and will run a bit leaner at first. In time, it learns the requirements of the new system and makes the changes which takes away most of the power increase. Just wondering.....

·
6,259 Posts
Just a question....did they reset the computer between dyno runs when they changed the intake? I have been wondering about this question ever since reading about an Impala that picked up over 20hp with an intake change but, after 1000 miles was only making a couple more than it had stock.

Seems that changing to a lower restriction filter will instantly make more power because the computer is still using the fuel trims from the old system and will run a bit leaner at first. In time, it learns the requirements of the new system and makes the changes which takes away most of the power increase. Just wondering.....
No the battery was never disconnected to reset the ECU when they performed the seperate dyno runs on my SVTF.But I did disconnect the battery for around 30 minutes after I got home which then reset the ecu after driving around for awhile.This is always a good idea to do when adding a new CAI.I also disconnected the battery on my '04 Mustang GT when the K & N FIPK 2 was put on to reset the ecu which is stated in the instruction manual to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts