Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm Not Better Than You Since I Drive a Porsche, I
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if anyone has a steeda short shifter, because i am sort of interested in getting one, but i had one before and it broke on me. is it worth spending $150 on?
Thanks

·
Registered
970 Posts
i think this should be in interior mods.
youll get a better response

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Most of Steeda's stuff is rebadged, but their short shifter is something they themselves actually make. I trust Steeda's R&D to make a fine product when they actually make their own stuff. In this case, I believe they have. But please - do yourself a favor!! Go to Ace, Home Depot, whatever and buy a 12mm X 1.25 die and cut down your stock shifter. Check out this awesome-cool table I made:

__________________Cut Down Stock______________Aftermarket

Price:_____________$7 w/ tools__________________$50-150

How much shorter?___As short as you want________Predetermined
___________________(Custom throw)______________(Usually 45%)

Process:_______Die, saw, replace knob________Take everything apart and put back together

Overall Effect:_______Shift faster_________________Shift faster

Damn, I should change my major to HTML graph/table making or something...I can see where my true talent is now...

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
except for this....

the Steeda has the shift point changed too.. so the throw is actually shorter. Cutting a stock doesn't do that.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
this is a big difference between the short through and the cut off factory one. i have a cut off factory one, and i drove someone car a couple days ago with the B&M short shifter and what a difference. You can get the steeda one from CFM for 100bucs.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
ooooooo...I didn't know that...I would change my awesome table, but I can't afford to waste another 15 minutes of my life trying to fix it. I could argue semantics about using "Aftermarket" not "Steeda" on the axis in my table, so to an extent I'm right. But lets the record be known that BUR does his homework and is smarter than EggYolk - for now

Edit: Still $7 though people. Going to the movies where I live is more expensive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts