Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm Not Better Than You Since I Drive a Porsche, I
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a reliabe shifter? I was just wondering because I had a short shifter before, and it broke. And I don't want to pay $150$ on something that is just going to not last. THANKS.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
The steeda tri-ax shifter is the best product I've bought for my car. Or maybe it's the Apex'i exhaust, either way it's darn good.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Steeda Shifter is a work of art.......

Just do it!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
The throws maybe a little shorter, but I have never heard of a Steeda snapping off while driving..I've been slamming mine since march and never once even worried about it.
Peace

Lox

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I had the B&M originally and then switched to the Steeda. The Steeda gives a much more solid shift and the pivot point is changed compared to the B&M and the stock shifter. I've had the Steeda in for almost a year and the only problem I've had is that the shift assist plate snapped. I emailed Steeda and they sent me a new one no questions asked.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have the 2002.5 Tri Ax/F shifter, and it is by far the best. The height wasnt reduced a whole lot, but its noticeable. The shift throw was reduced a good bit though, and the smoothness of it all is second to none. It is by far the smoothest shifter I have ever had. I can flick it into gear effortlessly. And most of the time it just kind of finds the gear itself, if ya know what I mean. And it comes with all the factory gear with it, so you dont have to swap any of the original factory parts off of your stock shifter. A very complete system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts