Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its finally ready for purchase

Here is a link to their site
http://www.steedafocus.com/parts/2012-up-focus-short-throw-shifter.html

Picture

Here is a picture of the shifter installed

If you use it on the shorts throw you will need to do some trimming, not too bad though

To install the bracket you have to pop of the linkage here

And this is what it looks like with the bracket on

More pics are available apon request

·
Registered
768 Posts
At long last. Not bad pricing, either.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wire snips where used for the trimming lol. Also maybe an 1/8th inch if that was trimmed to use the shortest setting

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
768 Posts
After trimming, did you have any difficulty putting the trim bits back together?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No issues at all putting everything back together

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Put one of these in my car, quality is great. The shifter itself is pretty easy with 2 people. The bracket on the other hand gave me some trouble. I had to take the battery out, not sure how people did it without but im impressed they did.

I noticed that when putting my in first it feels secure in gear but it makes a different sound then the other gears. Anyone notice this? I dont think anythings wrong if anything i just need to make an adjustment.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've installed a couple of the brackets, and I wouldn't attempt it without removing the battery...

Mine doesn't sound different shifting to first, though I did adjust the shift linkage right after I was done installing the bracket. You might need to adjust it toward 5th gear slightly to give you a little more room for 1st. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've installed a couple of the brackets, and I wouldn't attempt it without removing the battery...

Mine doesn't sound different shifting to first, though I did adjust the shift linkage right after I was done installing the bracket. You might need to adjust it toward 5th gear slightly to give you a little more room for 1st. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks Tbone

Not sure exactly what your talking about but I have an idea. I havent looked around at the adjustment capabilities of the shifter. Definitely will be looking at that though.

·
Registered
389 Posts
To be more specific, there is a plastic "button" on one of the linkages. You can clearly see the orange button in the pictures above on the trans end of one of the linkages. If you press this buttons, you can shorten and lengthen that linkage to adjust the lateral (left to right) position of the shifter. If the shift gates for 1-2 are a bit crowded, you can adjust the shifter to the right, and likewise if 5th and reverse are crowded, you can adjust the shifter position back to the left.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts