Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is wrong with my steering wheel when i`m braking it shake all the time...is it the rotor or what?...can you guys help me with this....and thank you..

·
Registered
121 Posts
warped disk's (need a brake job)

·
Registered
723 Posts
you have a warped rotor. take it to a shop and get it re-surfaced. it will probably run you about $60 unless they are completely trashed and then you will have to replace them.

·
Registered
780 Posts
You must mean that he has irregualar brake pad deposits that have built up on his rotors. Because, ya know, rotors don't warp. Jeez, sometimes i crack myself up.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
You're RIGHT though.
Not a "Warped" Rotor, just uneven Deposits.
It'll do it every time.
If your Rotors Really are Warped, about the only way that'll happen is by hitting Cold Water (ie. Washing) onto Hot Rotors.
If it's not that, you've got something disconnected...????

·
Registered
519 Posts
Um, you can also create small heat cracks in the rotors, but that would take repeated sudden deceleration from, say 150 mph to 65 mph, like you were coming up on a Highway Patrol unit and you had to slow down real fast... don't ask me how I know all this...

Andrew

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Sounds like the brake rotors are warped which will cause the steering wheel to shake when applying the brakes.Best thing to do is have the brakes inspected and measure the rotors with a micrometer if they are still within factory spec they can be resurfaced if they are at or below factory spec they will have to be replaced also have the brake pads inspected for wear and if low replace them too.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Wow, that's pretty cheap. I would say it would still be worth it to have them resurfaced if you could remove the rotors yourself and just have the shop do the resurfacing. That would probably be pretty cheap.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by 01-yellow-ZX3:
If your car is under warranty, Ford may give you a new set of rotors for free under warranty...
I know they did to me
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">and to me to twice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.