Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a freind who owns a stock 1999 zx3.
his car is totaly stock; ok?
he does not have a factory rear sway bar.....
his car never came with one! his body has less roll from my 2000 zx3!! his wiring harness looks a little different also.
his top end took him to almost 130mph!!!
we were drivingfrom tampa along with a corvette
we were not "RACING"!!!!
just driving a little too fast!! speding is against the law kids... i do not condone it..
anyway...that's my 2 cents....

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
um

unless its imported from europe.. there IS no 1999 Focus.

but im sure this is a prank. so im not worried.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Originally posted by sh0velman:
um

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There was a 1999 Focus, the 4-door SPI available late in the year. I also remember seeing a VERY limited number of ZX3's running around that year....but I'm pretty sure they were for testing purposes only, which doesn't suprise me since many auto manufacturers run test cars around this area .

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Originally posted by sh0velman:
um

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Mine is a 99/00 Ford Focus ZX3. That is why I have the metal valve cover along w/ the fact that my ZX3 also came w/ two resonators for the air intake. One is attached to the air box and the other one went over the valve cover. Mine does have the rear sway bar and yes they do exist. Earliest one I think was like in October or something to that effect. Mine was built in November of 1999.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try to get my freind on the jet.
his car did not come with a rear sway bar. i wa there when he took the car home.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i have yet to see a SPI WITH a rear sway bar from the factory.

geoff

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Just because its built in 1999 dosent mean its a 99 model year. All cars come out like in september/october of the year before (i.e. a 2004 car will be out in late 03)

·
Registered
921 Posts
Word, I have two resonators, old manifold, etc. etc. Great stuff.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Originally posted by Gutted Hatch:
Just because its built in 1999 dosent mean its a 99 model year. All cars come out like in september/october of the year before (i.e. a 2004 car will be out in late 03)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Those that had the metal valve covers where from 1999. Ford Switched over to plastic ones like less than 3 or 4 months later. So yes mine is 1999 model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts