Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 ZTS and I was looking at the intake system for the first time today. I noticed that there is a little more than an inch between the hole at the bottom of the air box and the hose that leads to the little scoop at the front of the engine bay. With this gap, doesn't the air box just pull in a bunch of hot air from right next to the engine instead of getting it from the front of the engine bay via the hose?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I'm trying to picture what you said, but it sounds like the hose might have just disconnected from the air box. Yank the battery and battery tray to get a closer look.

·
Registered
729 Posts
ya it should be connnected

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was my initial thought. I figured there would be no purpose to the hose if it wasn't connected, but as far as i can tell, it can't connect. There are two half circles over the end of the hose that leads to the air box, forming a kind of simple mesh. These half circles are preventing the hose from being inserted into the air box. That's what gave me doubt about it actually connecting. There is no clearance issues with the battery or anything else that I can detect by sliding my hand across the hose. Now that I know that it should be connected though, I may pull the hose and air box and see how I could possibly fit it in there. My only other question would be how far should the hose be inserted into the air box, since I will probably have to shave the air box to get it to fit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.