Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all-

I know an aluminum flywheel makes a big difference on these cars, but I race autox in a stock class so I need to keep the feel of the DMF.

however, I dont want the clutch to go again after only 40k miles. are there any "stage 1" clutches available that use the stock flywheel setup? or am I stuck installing another (good) LUK clutch setup?

thanks for any info

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the aftermarket clutch kits from SBC , Clutch Masters, and Spec use there own flywheel, pressure plate, and clutch disk. one of there clutch kits would not bolt up to the factory flywheel. Sorry.

If you looking to stay with the factory flywheel, LUK would be it. http://focus.c-f-m.com/search.aspx?manufacturer=1232
Cmfocus-
thanks- I had surfed your site for options and noticed the flywheel requirement.

question RE: the TSB flywheel- does it come in the LUK replacement OEM clutch kit w/ DMF? or is that the orig one?
what benefits does the TSB DMF have over the factory one?

thanks for any additional info

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
The LUK kit we offer is the newer TSB kit. The TSB kit has a larger clutch disk , different pressure plate, and flywheel compared to the original parts. A larger clutch disk would be able to handle more hp and tq compared to a smaller clutch disk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts