Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the color and/or paint code of the dash. I was carry some stuff in the front seat and it wore two small black holes in the vinyl covering above the glove box. I'm not sure if there are a couple different colors, but mine is a light grey (2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Twilight Blue). I need a paint code or something to fix this! I realize its probably a long shot though
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
there isnt any specific paint code or a dye made for our dash .. its vinal like covered and i also scratched mine .. what i did and it came out great was .. got grey primer spraypaint and sprayed a bunch in the cap of the can so i made a little puddle then dipped a q tip in lightly and dabbed at the scratch

came out good and i cant even see where it use to be ..

ghetto fabulous

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
there isnt any specific paint code or a dye made for our dash .. its vinal like covered and i also scratched mine .. what i did and it came out great was .. got grey primer spraypaint and sprayed a bunch in the cap of the can so i made a little puddle then dipped a q tip in lightly and dabbed at the scratch

ghetto fabulous
That'll work but also if necessary, I'm pretty sure the interior paint is available.

·
Registered
75 Posts

ghetto fabulous
That'll work but also if necessary, I'm pretty sure the interior paint is available.

so where do you get that stuff?? ^^ u can get a big can and paint ur whole dash with it right?

Jeremy

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
That stuff is actually vinyl dye, and it's the best stuff going for changing the color of plastic/vinyl.

That can would more than likely cost a whole ass load of money (over $100 I'm guessing) and there's no way you'd use it all on 10 Focuses.

You can get SEM dye in regular size spray cans from tons of places on the internet, around $8.00 a can.

Like here: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/yourautotrim-store/semdye.html

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
that can was around $30 and I bought it in pint form becuase that way if the color doesn't match right, they can mix it again and try to make the color match better. I had to paint a medium dark graphite airbag cover to match my medium graphite dash. Took a couple of try's before they got it close.

also, if you just paint it with the color coat alone the part will come out shinier than the rest of the factory interior parts, they sell a flat clearcoat to dull up the finish like the factory dash is. I haven't tried that stuff yet.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Does this include the color of the radio bezel surrounding? Because I would like to know what color that is. Dark Grapphite?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right on! Thanks for all the help guys! I might try the grey primer trick first being that its the cheapest and then go from there! Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts