Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe a silly question. but is the stock exhaust diameter 2" or 2.25" or am i way off. im prolly getting a custom exhaust setup made so i want to know what im dealing with ahead of time so i can tell the muffler guy.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Actually, now that I remember, I have a chrome tip on my focus and it is for a 2inch exhaust.

[ 09-02-2002: Message edited by: zetecinside ]</p>

·
Registered
138 Posts
1.75 it is

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I think its 1.75 its under 2" thats for sure..

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so, so far we really dont know.... im not talking about the tip, im talking about the diameter of the actual exhaust pipe as it comes out the cat.

·
Registered
294 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AphidAudio:
so, so far we really dont know.... im not talking about the tip, im talking about the diameter of the actual exhaust pipe as it comes out the cat.<hr></blockquote>

yeah bugshack is right 1 7/8"

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Yup 1 7/8" internal diameter. Or as it is often refered 2" (the outside diameter)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, so when you order exhaust it comes in 2.25" and 2.5". is this measured the internal or external diameter? also, which is better to get if you are not running turbo or nitrous?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I just measured the outside circumferance<sp> of the exhaust , right after the cat. It was under 7 inch. I was bored!

[ 09-03-2002: Message edited by: claypoolio ]</p>

·
Registered
228 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AphidAudio:
ok, now i didn’t say circumference... you talking about diameter?<hr></blockquote>

yeah. he has a 7 inch exhaust on his focus

mines 7.5 inches

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I just measured one the other day and it's 1 7/8"

AphidAudio: I just replaced a 2.5" catback on Kathy's car with a 2.25" system, the car runs much better with the smaller diameter system since the car is stock, I guess it likes a bit more back pressure. I have a JRSC on mine and am sticking with the 2.25" exhaust, mainly cause of noise, her 2.5" system is a little louder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts