Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How you guys doing? My stock hood got messed up on sunday in a storm and insurance was nice enough to help me out so I figured I might as well go with CF and vented. Now ideally I'd like a reverse vent and a good quality hood with rolled edges, good latch, etc. Basically not ebay junk.

If you wouldn't mind sharing some pics of vented CF hoods and where to find them I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think VIS or Kaminari would be your best bet for vented hoods. I think the best quality hood is the carbonfibrefx.com hood. I believe some would agree with me, but here is a pic of my car driven into a ditch, but a good pic of my hood.

My friends never saw the hole when driving my car, but at least I got some cash and some nice pics of my hood. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Re: Stock hood got damaged in a storm....what CF hoods are avail

I think the VIS Invader has a nice vent look... I love my CFX/Gemini hood but AFAIK they only make them OEM-style.

See Invader

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for the info thus far everybody. I like the VIS evo hood minus the side scoops. What I'm really looking for though is a WRC style hood. I know Wings West had a CF version of it in the works in early 04 but I haven't been able to find any versions of that hood. Does anyone have info on one of those? Thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts

zdunfee, they look like Hellas maybe. They retail around $500 I think, you can also buy ghetto knockoffs on eBay for around 200 or less, search "angel eyes" or "halo projectors". I don't think the ebay ones' quality is good though.

·
Registered
168 Posts

My CFX is badass, but as it was mentioned before only available in OEM. I have the blue kevlar weave and it is bitchin!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

If only CFX made a vented one....since I'm replacing it I hate to just go with stock, plus vented will be nice once I put my built motor and turbo kit on here soon.

I ended up going with the VIS evo hood....figured for price and fit VIS was a pretty solid choice.

Thanks for the help and info everybody. I'll have to put up some pics when it comes in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts