Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm putting the suspension back to stock this weekend. with the konis, i had to drill out the internals for the top half of the rear shock (don't know the exact name). i'd imagine that this part would need to be replaced to work with my stock suspension. i'd like to replace the whole piece (bumpstop, plastic cover, bushing, etc) to make things simpler. does anyone know if all of that stuff is sold as a unit from Ford, or do i have to buy all the parts and put it together?

better yet, anyone have some i could buy?

Mike

·
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1-6. basically everything that slides onto the shaft (including the nut).

Mike

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
1-6. basically everything that slides onto the shaft (including the nut).

·
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, now that i look at it, it seems the only part that would need replacing is the metal washer. is that right?

it's been a while since i put these on, so i don't remember.

Mike

·
8,054 Posts
The metal washer (shim) is not shown in that picture. It would actually be a #2, but not shown, and the rubber thing would be #3. Did you drill out the shim and the item shown as #4 in the picture, or just the shim?

·
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The metal washer (shim) is not shown in that picture. It would actually be a #2, but not shown, and the rubber thing would be #3. Did you drill out the shim and the item shown as #4 in the picture, or just the shim?
that's what i can't remember. i don't think we had to mess with the upper mount shim, but i specifically remember pulling apart all the stuff from the bumpstops up to drill out something metal. i just can't remember if that was the only thing.....

i'll call brian. he may remember.

Mike

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
WHen I put on my top-adjustable rear Koni's, we had to dril all metal washers at the top, including the one that sits in the rubber shock mount.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Correct, the metal piece you need is inside "#2". There is a metal plate that fits into the rubber piece. That is the part you need.

I said inside #2........

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Correct, the metal piece you need is inside "#2". There is a metal plate that fits into the rubber piece. That is the part you need.

I said inside #2........
That pic has everything i pulled off. Number 2 has a metal washer in it.

·
8,054 Posts

I said inside #2........
That pic has everything i pulled off. Number 2 has a metal washer in it.
Right, but the metal washer "shim" comes out of the rubber thing.
Actually, it comes out easier than #4 in your pic, so I was wondering why you would take out one, but not the other. Just wanted to make sure that Mike knew that that shim was in there. So

·
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm almost positive that we did nothing to the metal shim in the top mount. brian seems to think so, too. to be safe, i'm gonna order new top mounts and the lower metal part tonight.

Mike

·
8,054 Posts
Actually, Brian said that the only part you did drill was #2.
Either way, you'll get the parts you need if you just order everything like you said. Bet you're just about wishing you weren't trying so diligently to put that thing back to stock, arencha?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts