Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you may know I gave up on the RX-8. I still really like the car, but with the prospect of a MazdaSpeed version coming out within the next couple of years... I just don't want to be saddled with a lowly "regular" RX-8

Now remember my screen name is WRCFan
I absolutely LOVE rally cars and I've been waiting for the STi and EVO to come to the States for years. Well they're finally here.

I've been to the Mitsu dealer 4 times since the EVO was launched. The first one arrived about 4-6 weeks ago. It was White and it was pre-sold. I've heard the buyer paid $5k over sticker.

At that time the sales manager offered to take my order for $3K over sticker... I laughed at him and left.

They are due to get their second car in aprx. 10 days. It's Yellow and those that know me know that I LOVE yellow cars!

Due to the economy everyone is hurting. They've already backed the price down to "sticker"... but I want it lower.

To make a long story short. My name is on the board next to the Yellow one and says SOLD!
I didn't even have to put a deposit down.

I can take it or leave it when it comes in. Must R-E-S-I-S-T

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
there are 7 sitting at the local mitsu dealer. all have a $3500 markup, and you know what, once you see those in person, it's verrrrry easy to look past the fugly bumper. really nice car, really nice

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I've gone to see those at a local dealer here in town. They always have anywhere from 6 to 8 in stock. All colors also. Price is 31K dont really know if they mark them up or not. I also heard theres gonna be a 300 hp version.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
You can have my spot on the list for the STi, it's for 400 over invoice which makes is $29,530. I've decided to wait until I can afford the new Audi S4 Avant.

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The STi vs. EVO battle will be one of the most hotly contested in the coming years.

I've read EVERYTHING I can get my hands on regarding both cars. The STi does win the HP number war, no doubt about that.

Initially I would have bet that the STi would be my choice. But, everything I've seen says that the EVO is the 'driver's car' out of the two.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well in the same way that there will be a Mazda Speed RX-8 and the STI WRX there will be a upgraded version of the Evo. Don't forget that the US market didn't get all the bells and whistles that the home and UK market gets. Personally I would wait for the next Evo we all know it's coming and Oh baby it's going to me something!

Still I'm weak when it comes to cars, just finance it keep it cherry and then flip it for a loss when then the next one arrives.

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Euro Ford Fan, your correct there is a 300+HP EVO just waiting in the wings.

It's just that IMHO it's the best thing you can actually buy right now.

But I agree, my original thought was to wait until all the '04s hit early next year and then make my decision.

That's why this thread is called " Stop me from buying a EVO!" because I KNOW I should wait... but I suffer from a disease called "carguyitis" and sometimes my brain makes my wallet do unsavory things.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Don't do it, resist. You don't really want it. You must resist.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Wait until mid next year, and see what is out then. There may be more news on the next gen SVT front, more news on Mazdaspeed RX-8, more news on upgraded EVO, more news on just about everything.

That Volvo V70R sure looks good though.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
2 words for u.... BUY IT and then give it to me

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
um.....don't expect any warm, yet tough intervention from me.

BUY THE CAR.....MSRP is friggin' fine with me and avoid the stupid "wait until cars/pricing get better" then end up, while being true enthusiasts, enjoying diddly squat.

BUY IT!!

I just bought my wife an Element yesterday, and yes....it was a like my EVO vision was vaporized......yes, I was already envisioning the first EVO with surf racks.

Please, Please, GO FOR IT

[ 05-06-2003, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: ZXmurph ]

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by ZXmurph:
Please, Please, GO FOR IT
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ditto.. Go for it!
Then write lots of articles on how cool it is and make us all jealous.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is very similar to buying a new computer. Yeah, you can wait for awhile until the price comes down, but then you will want the bigger and better one that just came out.

Reminds me of Moore's Law.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
As long as you can get past the revolting styling, I say go for it!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Give us a break, Ron - stop you from buying an Evo? Who do you think we are???

BUY IT!

Ed

1 - 20 of 102 Posts