Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
Re: Strut Berrings

i don't think they were much more than $20/ea when i bought them from the dealer.

try PMing FORDSVTPARTS. he can get you stock parts pretty cheap.

oh, and berrings = bearings

Mike

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts

Oh, Mike, the human spell check.

For bearings for both sides, upper strut mount for both sides, and strut top nut for both sides, about $26 from FORDSVTPARTS. The bearings themselves are about $5 each.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Exactly.
They're so cheap from the dealer parts dept that there's not much point in shopping around.

·
Registered
215 Posts

Everyone says to replace the strut mounts with the bearings, but I really don't see why. What is there to wear out? I replaced mine just to be safe and because I had already bought them. The bearings though, I don't see how those last more than 12k miles. They seem so cheaply made.

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts

For bearings for both sides, upper strut mount for both sides, and strut top nut for both sides, about $26 from FORDSVTPARTS. The bearings themselves are about $5 each.
well, only bc he originally put the (sp?) behind it. i didn't do it to be an ass or anything.

Mike

·
8,054 Posts

I know you weren't trying to be an ass, thus the

·
Registered
1,426 Posts

Do you have part #s for these by any chance?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts

Everyone says to replace the strut mounts with the bearings, but I really don't see why. What is there to wear out? I replaced mine just to be safe and because I had already bought them. The bearings though, I don't see how those last more than 12k miles. They seem so cheaply made.
I see NO reason the replace the mount itself. Also, I agree, they are cheaply made.

Scott

·
8,054 Posts

Do you have part #s for these by any chance?
Which parts do you need numbers for, everything, or just the bearings? And my mistake, cost of those 6 parts shipped was $45. My bad. The upper mounts are a little pricey, but the bearings, are not.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts

I got mine as a set from BAT Inc. Upper strut mount and bearings together. Can't remember the cost though.

·
Banned
5,338 Posts

can i just replace the bearing itself? mine are shot also, and i dont have alot of money to spend right now.

·
Banned
5,338 Posts

ok cool i just hope i dont break crap when i replace them.

·
8,054 Posts

There's really nothing to break. It's no harder than opening an Oreo cookie. Just gotta use a spring compressor, which will be the hardest part. Except for that damn Passenger side strut is always a pain in the butt to take out, especially on autos.

·
Banned
5,338 Posts

i heard that you can break the bolts holding the struts in.

·
8,054 Posts

I personally have witnessed 5 suspension installs (two on my own car) and have yet to see that happen. I suppose as long as you aren't man-handling them, shouldn't have any problems.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

i heard that you can break the bolts holding the struts in.
You sure can.
Just don't let a gorilla tighten them on install.
Be firm but gentle.
Enough is enough.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts