Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, my wife drove down a dirt road right behind a truck that was dumping that liquid dirt raod dust control treatment stuff. its all over the car and wont come off with washing the car. i got the majority off, but there is still a nice haze. what do you guys recommend???

·
Registered
434 Posts
what works extremely well is this stuff called "De-solv-it"

http://www.dtep.com/de-solv-it.htm

YOu can get it at most any large supermarket or wal-mart in the cleaning aisle. It also will remove the wax from your car, so be ready to wash and re-wax, but this stuff is awesome.

·
Registered
190 Posts
If you used regular car shampoo, try some DAWN dish detergent, it will also strip off wax. Could save you some money. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the tips guys, i will give them a shot.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Perhaps a claybar could help some?! I'm not familiar with what "liquid dirt road dust control" stuff is...

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Perhaps a claybar could help some?! I'm not familiar with what "liquid dirt road dust control" stuff is...
Basically an oil that's sprayed down on dirt roads to prevent them from kicking up too much dust.

I would be VERY careful in using a claybar for this particular procedure. There may be enough "grit" in some sand particles that can mildly scratch the paint. I ended up scratching my finish a bit because of a similar scenario. However, for me, they used a tar-based compound for grooved asphalt. It covered my car from the door handles downwards. Luckily, it was still above freezing and any scratches were very low i.e. hideable with some great waxes and/or buffing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would first try the meguiars cleaner wax. I have been using that stuff for years and it will take most anything off. It's made for this kind of stuff, takes off thick road tar and gooey tree sap no problem so should be able to handle oil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts