Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuji Heavy Industries, parent company of Subaru, has announced that it will submit a homologation application to the FIA for the Impreza WRX STi Spec C to rally as a Group N vehicle in 2006. Group N cars are known for being closest in spec to their production based counterparts and are regulated by strict FIA limitations. FHI has pledged to produce 1,000 units of the Spec C, which is the minimum requirement for Group N classification. The car is about 15 lbs. lighter than a standard STi due to lighter glass, thinner roof construction and an aluminum trunk lid. It also features reinforced strut tower braces, a rear crossbar and other additions to improve chassis rigidity, as well as an intercooler water sprayer and air-cooled engine oil cooler.

Source: Autoblog.com

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
The car is about 15 lbs. lighter than a standard STi due to lighter glass, thinner roof construction and an aluminum trunk lid.
Seems like a lot of work for 15 pounds. The new front is becoming less horrible over time, though.

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
Wow.... I've completely turned around from hating the first drawings of this car. Me want!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
The car is about 15 lbs. lighter than a standard STi due to lighter glass, thinner roof construction and an aluminum trunk lid.
Seems like a lot of work for 15 pounds. The new front is becoming less horrible over time, though.
i agree that is a lot of work for only 15 pounds. i do like the Spec C a lot though.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Yea, its amazing how much of a difference color makes. In white, it actually doesn't look like ass.

I'd like to know how much they spent to loose that 15 lbs.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
im already sold on the new style...give me one

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Hummm..isn't that bad. That front face grill screams out European all through out more then anything. Wished they would give it better rear lights though.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
well, they added reinforcements to the car to improve rigidity...that adds weight. It would still seem like 15 pounds is likely a typo though.

·
Registered
715 Posts
The new redesigned Imprezas are already out on the streets. I've seen a total of 9 of them running around as rental cars here on Maui and have still yet to catch up to one of them. I promise you all a few pictures of the "re-faced" Impreza.

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
oh my that is bad looking I'll take the lot

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
The new redesigned Imprezas are already out on the streets. I've seen a total of 9 of them running around as rental cars here on Maui and have still yet to catch up to one of them. I promise you all a few pictures of the "re-faced" Impreza.
how bout i provide...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts