Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting my haircut today I went to my SVTF and parked next to it was a brand new black Subaru WRX STi!!

The first thing that caught my eye was that towering rear spoiler and the missle silo sized hood scoop
.Anyway it was the first one I saw today on the street and it was very cool.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
yea i saw 3 about two months ago at an autox and they were stinking up the track, AWD doesnt make you god. Still one HOT ride tho

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
It's always funny to see performance cars getting whooped on at the autox track. There is one particularly slow Sti at the local events here too.

The black on the Sti is so awesome with that almost bronze metallic flake. It adds a lot of depth to the paint. The hood scoop is borderline cartoonish though. It's almost too big.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
There is one particularly slow Sti at the local events here too.
The car wasn't slow the driver was, don't disrespect the subbie that way

I finally saw a black STi parked at a dealership, the security guard walked up to me and asked if I was thinking about stealing the competition. I said let's race in the parking lot and I'll drive off in the winning car. He said the owner let's him have access to the keys of every car with the exception of the STi's

·
Registered
729 Posts
I've been
about 90% considering one for 3 monthes now. I saw a blue one with gold rims on the road today. I had the guy rev it up for me...SHHHHHHWING!!!!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
The hood scoop is borderline cartoonish though. It's almost too big.
It's cartoonish, functional, and at times, used/needed in WRC.

·
Registered
83 Posts
what's funny is how people with cars like that are so insecure that they have to park next to another hooked up car so they can hope the other person looks at it an appreciate's it because he doesn't have enough appreciation himself

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
It's cartoonish, functional, and at times, used/needed in WRC.
Actually, the WRC car has a front mount, and I think the scoop is non-functional.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
what's funny is how people with cars like that are so insecure that they have to park next to another hooked up car so they can hope the other person looks at it an appreciate's it because he doesn't have enough appreciation himself
its usually the other way around for me, i find the biggest "look at me car" and park next to it, so if someone is going to break into a car, they will look at it before they look at mine.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
The reason why I do it, is the other person with a "hooked" up car is not as likely to open his car door into yours.

I highly doubt people buy an STi or EVO because they're insecure with themselves.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hey I might be getting one. I feel a bit of insecurity comming on

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
There is one particularly slow Sti at the local events here too.
The car wasn't slow the driver was, don't disrespect the subbie that way

I finally saw a black STi parked at a dealership, the security guard walked up to me and asked if I was thinking about stealing the competition. I said let's race in the parking lot and I'll drive off in the winning car. He said the owner let's him have access to the keys of every car with the exception of the STi's
I was just watching Car and Driver. They where testing the EVO and the STi. The STi was faster than the EVO by 1mph than the EVO, but in the end the Editors prefered the EVO over the STi. IMHO I think both cars rock. Maybe just maybe Ford Will get the Hint about an AWD Focus. Hey like I said, one can Dream. Until then, one can only wonder.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I was just watching Car and Driver. They where testing the EVO and the STi. The STi was faster than the EVO by 1mph than the EVO, but in the end the Editors prefered the EVO over the STi. IMHO I think both cars rock.
I just saw that show too for the second time. The STi only had higher speeds on both the road coarse and the dirt coars, but the EVO had the best times. Either way they are both great cars.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The reason why I do it, is the other person with a "hooked" up car is not as likely to open his car door into yours.

I highly doubt people buy an STi or EVO because they're insecure with themselves.
I park my car next to other modded cars as a sign of respect. Like "hey, I'm acknowledging that you have modded your car and I'm not ashamed to park next to it." But that's just me.

Speaking of the EVO, I was out cruising with one last night. My friend just got one, and they just got out of the "break-in" period so we were really testing it. Lemme just say, holy ****
! Even with 4 people in the car (which is still comfortable) that thing still pulls like a motherF*****. You just hear the turbo spool up and it's like you're in heaven
. And the brakes on that thing are insane. They dissipate heat like you wouldn't believe.

Anyways, I'm done now. I gotta clean the drool off my keyboard.

-Tyler

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just park my car as close to the entrance as I can.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

That's my take too, except for cars belonging to the 5-foot door club (kinda like a Camaro).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts