Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we were to host an event at Summit Point, which track should we request....

Summit Point Circuit

or

Shenandoah Circuit

This will be for our new series "Redline:Time Attack!" and would more than likely be held Sat-Sun if not Fri-Sun.

Im thinking it will be easier for us to get a date at Summit Point compared to VIR... But if I can get VIR, then I will take it over Summit Point...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yeah, VIR full is tremendous. Their other config's might make for a more affordable proposition...

With Summit, I'd be inclined to go with Shenandoah.

Pros:
- It's newer, so the surface is in *way* better shape than main
- It's very challenging (moreso than main) and a ton of fun
- It's probably cheaper

Cons:
- Not a ton of runoff room, and some have squawked about how close the Jersey barriers are in places. After racing, time trialing, and instructing there (including a rain session) - I'm cool with it.
- As of this spring, it's still a work in progress. Pavement seams are still a little rough in places, the ground immediately adjacent to the track needs to be graded up to track surface, and the 'big' bathroom/shower building isn't at all functional (they don't have a permit to turn the water on).

Fun, challenging track that will hopefully get fully sorted soon. Not as newb-friendly as BeaveRun, though.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
water is still not on..turns out it is hooked up but bsr does not have a permit for water in new bathrooms...but yes to shenandoah..bsr is practically giving rent away to attract groups to use it....with emra we got a free friday for taking a weekend...you may be able to get that...also main at summit is probably already booked next year...a real plus for me is that summit is my home track

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Shenandaoh for all the stuff Sean said.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
the proximity of the walls on Shenandoah still spook me some.
I can't remember, Joe, have you driven Shen? The walls only look close when you are not on track. Driving there, you really can't feel them.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
agreed....never felt pressed by walls and they should all be covered by now....bsr actually bought excess padding from the ring to install...between my first time there and the second, a lot of padding had been installed....fun track but it will wear your butt out

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like we might have BeavRun in mid to late May and Summit Point in mid to late September.. Now I need to find a track for July and Im leaning toward something in the South East.. Road Atlanta or Barber Motorsports Park... More than likely, all of these dates will be three day events Friday-Sunday... with the Redline:Time Attack! to take place on Sundays.....

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I would go with Shenandoah also, I never felt uncomfortable on the track. If you would like I have in car video of both tracks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts