Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a plain black, preferably flat black, shade for my windshield.

I don't know exactly what they are called... just a 6" tall piece of black stick on that will adhere to the top inside surface of my windshield and keep the sun out of my eyes - my car is gutted so no visors.

Where can I buy?

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
like so?

flat black vinyl, looks really good IMO, shoot a pm to Smoke3006, he made mine, but any sign/vinyl shop could do it for you.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly! That looks sharp.

I was wondering if it had any tendency to bubble around the edges where the factor put the black outline around the whole glass, including the little bumps as you work your way inward toward the center?

I think there may be sign shop in town, guess I should go there first.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
The bumps are on the inside of the windows. You put this on the outside. Go to a sign shop and get some vinyl. Use the instructions in the ubber exterior mods sticky on the top of the thread list page to install it. Just install it liek the instructions say going about an inch further in the middle than you want it. Then use some masking tape and lay you a line across the vinyl, check it a few times to make sure its level or arched ( however you want it to be). That is your cut line, use a razor and trim along that line. Then youre done.
Ive done it this way on 3 different banners.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thanks.

That is on the outside? Wow, can't tell by looking at it. Aren't the windshield wipers hard on the vinyl? ... it rains and mists about 84" a year where I live so they are on all the time... think it will hold up like that?

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
You shoud be fine. Be sure you get the good 5-7yr vinyl. If you want, you can also get the same effect by having a tint shop tint the indside of your window. Just tell them to use 5% limo tint.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Just do the window (limo) tint at the top.

You get a couple benefits that way...
-Won't ever come off or fade (like vinyl will)
-You can see thru it (whereas you can't with vinyl)

I tried vinyl before...and it always peeled off the windshield eventually. Also the vinyl faded quickly.
Window tint won't ever do that

·
Registered
549 Posts
i have tint on the top and bottom of my window. they used a thin black tape on the outside to cover the black bumps that the tint doesn't stick to.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Yeah he's got a tint strip on the top & bottom...like the Import cars or race cars have

Poor illustration:

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I just used the same cling tint that I did my headlight eyelids, side markers, and taillights with, Im getting pretty good with that crap by now lol..5% cling tint works great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts