Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going to make the first blower kit for the 2012 focus, non ST of coarse. Last I read SCT still hadn't cracked the ECU or whatever they need to do for tuning to be available, But I'd be interested in a Supercharger For Sure.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
You have to remember man that these just came out... Probably going to another 6 months to a year before anything like that will come out.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it's been what, 5 plus years since anyone even produced a supercharger kit for a focus now anyways, it seems like forever. For most people if they bought a brand new focus they won't even want to boost it for probably longer than 6-12 months because of warranty issues.

Fswerks turbo kits are probably just as good(better even) as a supercharger anyways in the sense of low end torque without going overboard for a family daily driver.

+ someone is going to be a test pig to see what the new Powershift transmission can take.

·
EAT MORE CORN DAMNIT!!!!
3,070 Posts
Because of the design on the Duratec Engine, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a supercharger.

More than one company has made a prototype, it just wasn't feasible.

·
Kristina's Culvert
1,127 Posts
Wasn't an FJ sponsor working on adapting a Mazda 3 supercharger for our Duratecs? I remember seeing a thread about it but I can't seem to find it now.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Since they have been putting the Duratecs in the Focus since 03 and there still isn't one yet, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts