Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been debated many times.. and yes I've done some research through searching... I still don't have an answer good enough to make me stop asking.

I have an automatic with computer code LDC8. I'm just wondering if anyone who has bought one of the chips FOR LDC8, can give me some feedback on it.

Has anyone tried both of them and found a preference?? What are the differences in the two? Again, I'm looking for automatic or even better, LDC8 specific info, it would be much more useful in helping me make a decision.

Another thing... I've read several posts of people who have fried the pcm installing a chip. This scares the crap out of me!
If it's that easy to mess up... I'm not sure if I want to invest in the price of the chip. That alone would spread me thin.. if I had to buy a new pcm too.. I'd be sunk! Any thoughts on that?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
i used to have a diablo in my car code LDC8 and I was very impressed w/ the transmission factors of it, problem w/ diablo chips on lightly modified ATX is that it raises the rev limiter and shift points so much that you tend to WAY overshoot where it should shift for max power... now that I have a supercharger... im itchin to get a chip back in there to get those high revs back

[ 02-03-2003, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: TooleBox ]

·
Registered
143 Posts
make sure you get a custom burn on the chip. the aggressive timming advance will not bode well with a supercharger. you will do more harm than good. with forced induction you must retard timming or you get detination...very bad. be careful.

·
Registered
72 Posts
hmm...i just thought about this.
does the diablo take away the speed limiter for the LDC8?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts