Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SuperTrapp is on and kickn A$$ Damn I love this mod! It was a pain in the butt but., I would go through all the crap again if I had to.
Man the sound is AWESOME and its really BIG 5". The pick is much improved and worth the $114 bucks from Summit Racing.

------------------
2001 ZX3/RS Cosworth Twilight Blue Now with Pioneer Inside! Open exaust. Euro door covers and rear quarter window covers, Homemade shorty antenna, Optima Red Gell Cell, Euro Grills.
Coming soon: Supertrapp 5", H&R springs. Next year 18" Konig Toxxins, H&R Coilovers, more Euro parts.
Euro Pics at
http://communities.msn.com/jinstallpics

Back-up ICE: 2X Kenwood PS200T, Infinity Kappa 202A, 2X Infinity Kappa 1CS 3way system, 2x Infinity Beta 1, 2x Infinity Beta 12 DVC, Oelbach cables, 2x Brax 1 farad caps. Coming next: Nachamichi 45x w/RDS

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sounds like a good upgrade. Do you have any pics of it.

------------------
2001 Pitch Black ZTS
Leather, AdvanceTrac, Side Air Bags, Automatic
Mods
Performance: Iceman Air Intake, ASP Underdrive Pulley, Focus Central 65mm TB, JBA Header (on its way), Vibrabt Cat Back (on its way), KW Sport Kit (on its way)
Style & Appearance: Hiper Xenon Headlights, 20% Tint
Sounds: RF 400a4, RF 600a4, Kicker x3i crossover, Alesis MEQ 230 30 Band EQ, CDT High Definition Series 3-ways, Infinity Kappa 5x7s, 2 Perfect 10.1 Subs.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry not yet will have some soon!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:
what is a SuperTrap? I have never heard of one before.

Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Super Trapp is a tuneable muffler. It contains discs inside of the exhaust tip.
www.supertrapp.com

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
You will generally see SuperTrap's on the old hotrods. They look like a big exhaust tip thats sealed at the end.

------------------
"Hike up your skirt a little more, and show your world to me."

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll try to get some tommorrow with a friends digi cam. I love this thing, people laugh at it here and make jokes, then I smile get in fire it up and everyone starts asking questions. Where, who, what, and so on. not to mention my wife knows when I am coming home and she can get rid of her boyfriend. hahahaha

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jinstall:
not to mention my wife knows when I am coming home and she can get rid of her boyfriend. hahahaha
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!!

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
79 Posts
good lord...that is huge...why did you angle it though? and how many discs u using? I have always liked the way super trapps sound and have wondered if "reusing the exhuast gases" or whatever really raises horsepower.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Jinstall: Do you notice a performance difference with this thing on? Does it have to be angled like that in order to fit under the car? What other engine mods do you have? Were you able to install it yourself? I'm also concerned about the size. Five inches seems a little big. If you have any other pictures that show its size in relation to the rest of the car, I'd love to see 'em.
Did I ask too many questions? AAUUGGGHHHH! I did it again!

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Bandit I have been trying to get a hold of you but you never reply so EMAIL ME! Next, the trapp had to be angled becouse of the space problem, but it looks better this way. Everyone has straight tips coming out the A$$. For performance yes I did notice about 5% more and I am running 9 discs right now. I have not tried to tune it yet. I am running a straight 51mm pipe from the flex joint to the trapp made by MK Tuning here in Germany. If I cn find one in 2.5" then I will get that one. I have also a MKK Cone filter on the car. With these 2 mods my upper end grunt is back but I can tell there is more. I have better getup above 90MPH than before. It seemed dead at this level stock. I will be adding a 1999 Ford Contour TB this weekend to see if I can get more power. Also I will be trying to put in the injectors from the same car. The Contour had a SCT 2.0 liter motor. I got all the parts for free!
Nice to have friends. James

1 - 20 of 30 Posts