1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
yeah, go capaldi, lets see a focus 1-2! we'll let you and chip herr decide who goes first!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Go LEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was great meeting him (68_touringcar or such on the 'Jet) at JetFest.
He's a VERY nice guy, and even offered parts to help w/ my car's clutch rebuild. I got my own throwout bearing, but the offer will not be forgotten.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I love the Speed World Challenge and I alway cheer for the Foci. Too bad they can't come to Road America though..really bums me out.

But go Capaldi! Go Herr!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Thanks Guys, We are really looking foward to Mosport and hope see some of you there. Since JetFest we have done some testing at Multimatics and at the race track to help us with the car. We would love to run more races but we have not had funding to do it with. I am trying to find support on a daily bases it has been a challange to say the least. Thanks for all the nice comments and I hope we can find the help to keep racing the Focus in World Challange.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good luck!
Thank you for giving us something to cheer about. The car is absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Leo good luck this weekend! And we will find you support I am still working hard on it, so let's see what happens.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
WoooooHoooooo. Go Leo!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Got the hotel booked and will be there!! Can't wait to see the action live and up close.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Thought you guys might like the race update.

Immediate Release
September 4, 2005

Capaldi Finishes Ninth at Mosport

Bowmanville, Canada - Leo Capaldi, driver and owner of the number 68/LC Racing/GKN Sinter Metals/Ford Focus, endured a difficult weekend at Mosport International Raceway to finish ninth today in round ten of the SCCA Pro Racing Speed World Challenge Touring series race.

The Lenox Township, Michigan driver had two transmission issues and then an off track excursion in practice tore away the front splitter, fractured the radiator and also affected the engines air intake system. “It has been a tough weekend. The crew has worked hard and the race was about the only time that they got to get a breather. I went off in turn two and was able to keep it off of the wall, but the bumps and holes through the grass really tore-up the front of the Focus. We worked nearly all night to get it ready for today.”

The damage to the car was extensive enough that it precluded Leo from participating in the qualifying session. As a result he had to start from the back of the 22 car grid for the 50-minute race.

With nothing but passing opportunities in front, Capaldi got a good start from the back of the pack. Despite all of the hardship on the weekend, the Focus driver recorded his best finish of the season. He was also awarded the Sunoco Hard Charger award for improving the most positions.

“A ninth place finish today was a nice reward for everyone and the Sunoco Hard Charger just topped the day off. The cars handling was a little off as it was the first time we were on new tires all weekend. The race really came to me. I made some good passes early on and then half-way through the race a car lost its motor in turn one dumping oil on the track. I wanted to be careful and get a finish. We have something to build on for next season.”

The team's primary sponsor, GKN Sinter Metals is an industry leader in providing the world's transportation companies with powder metal (P/M) technology. LC Racing would also like to thank associate sponsors Ford Racing Performance Parts. You can watch all the action on Speed Channel on Saturday, September 10th at 12:00 p.m.

The SCCA Pro Racing Speed World Challenge Touring Series features cars under 2.8 liters running on a spec Toyo tire. The series runs 11 races with cars from BMW, Ford, Acura, Mazda, Volkswagen, Chevrolet, Dodge, Subaru and Honda going head-to-head in a 50-minute race featuring an exciting standing start. The made for TV series is broadcast on Speed Channel.

Please refer to www.gknsintermetals.com or www.capaldiracing.com for more information.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
With nothing but passing opportunities in front, Capaldi got a good start from the back of the pack. Despite all of the hardship on the weekend, the Focus driver recorded his best finish of the season. He was also awarded the Sunoco Hard Charger award for improving the most positions.
Nice job Leo.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
9th isn't bad at all considering how packed and equalized the TC field is. Great job Leo and everyone else on the team.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts