Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3hr of driving yesterday, car surging/hesitating around 3.5k rpm on the highway(140km/hr). Is it a sign of DPFE gone? I did some search and all are saying it only happen at low speed. There is no Cel light and will it be other thing like o2 senser/Cat..etc? But the car is running fine this morning.
And is DPFE something that is easy to fix?

P.S I have 1/4 tank of gas left when it surging.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Sounds sorta like dpfe. It's really easy to fix. It just plugs in either on your firewall or next to your head. Sometimes it doesn't throw a cel. Should be under warranty.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Does it happen when you are cruising? Does it feel like the car just hit a 100 MPH head wind, and then it clears up, and then it hits the head wind again? I had this problem twice and both times it was my TPS, there wasn't a check engine light right away but one popped up eventually.......Russell

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it happen when you are cruising? Does it feel like the car just hit a 100 MPH head wind, and then it clears up, and then it hits the head wind again? I had this problem twice and both times it was my TPS, there wasn't a check engine light right away but one popped up eventually.......Russell
Yep, did you find out what cause that?
BTW, what is TPS?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yep, did you find out what cause that?
BTW, what is TPS?
Your TPS is your Throttle Position Sensor.

Happened to my vehicle at about 90k miles, and the tps fixed er right up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts