Ford Focus Forum banner

suspension

540 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Hitokiri
hey im ordering toms turbo kit and was wondering what kind of suspension should i get? i dont drive my car in the winter. would it be ok to go with just springs or should i go coilovers? what are the pros and cons or each? thanks mike
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Off beat repy but was wondering about your exhaust sound do you like it is it quiet
coilovers look like a good way to go especially if your getting toms kit theres such ability to adjust
why would you want to adjust the height of your car? never thought about suspension. would just lowering your car serve the same purpose as coilovers except for the fact that your cant raise and lower it? i dont see why you would want to raise it once you lower it unless you drive in the winter with snow or something.
most people who get coilovers get them so that they can ride lower around town and when they show, they cam slam the car down. people who get them for performance applications would be people who rallycross. drop it down on flat paved roads or rasie it up on bumpy dirt roads.

for your situation, if you are going drag and dont care as much about getting the slamed look, just get some regular springs with a high spring rate and some koni adjustables. you want a stiff suspension for going straight so that you keep the wheels on the ground for the best possible traction.
most people who get coilovers get them so that they can ride lower around town and when they show, they cam slam the car down. people who get them for performance applications would be people who rallycross. drop it down on flat paved roads or rasie it up on bumpy dirt roads.

for your situation, if you are going drag and dont care as much about getting the slamed look, just get some regular springs with a high spring rate and some koni adjustables. you want a stiff suspension for going straight so that you keep the wheels on the ground for the best possible traction.
I agree 100%...I think you should get something that you can change both your damping and also your height. H & R and KW Sports both make these "full" suspension kits but if you want to go the cheaper route get adjustable Koni or Spax adjustable struts and shocks. The only thing about the Koni or Spax is that you'll have to pick out the springs (though OEM ones should work okay)...
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.