Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious on what a svt with bolt ons (udp, chip, cai) and a backseat and spare removed should run. I hoping to see some low 15's.

·
Registered
434 Posts
an SVT with all of the standard bolt-ons (UDP, CAI, ORP, Tune, STS, rear mount) plus a back seat delete and removing the spare on a good night should break into the 14's (14.9-14.8). (depending on altitude, temperature, and driving abilities)

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
Once I get my suspension sorted out, I think I'll send her down the quarter for the first time since I bought her. She isn't made for it, but what the heck....

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
understandably the svt focus excels in many things and is somewhat weak in the 1/4 mile. But that doesn't mean it can't be fast. I go with my ZX3 run my 15.6 and usually beat who they pair me with and am faster than 30% of the people out. Ya dont' have to run 12's to have fun.

·
Registered
111 Posts
understandably the svt focus excels in many things and is somewhat weak in the 1/4 mile. But that doesn't mean it can't be fast. I go with my ZX3 run my 15.6 and usually beat who they pair me with and am faster than 30% of the people out. Ya dont' have to run 12's to have fun.
agreed!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I ran a [email protected] mph. I have all bolt-ons. When I ran it, I had a 1/4 tank of gas, back seat in, spare tire and jack in, and a couple tool kits in the back as well. It was my first time on the track and I still need quite a bit of practice with the launch. It was pretty humid as well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
SVT with those bolt ons should pull a 14.45-14.8 times. The biggest problems are 60', get some good tires and dont rev to much.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Okay, so I have never been to the 1/4 yet, but would anyone happen to know what a SVT should run with CAI, UDP, TB, ORP, and a 55 shot on nitrous? Thanks ,

mike

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
SVT with those bolt ons should pull a 14.45-14.8 times. The biggest problems are 60', get some good tires and dont rev to much.

a svt with only bolt on's will not run a 14.45 sorry it just doesnt happen

·
Registered
154 Posts
With bolt ons, less then quarter tank of gas, stripped, and 100 ocatne gas with chip it will. Tires will play a big roll. Also it depends where you live.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
With bolt ons, less then quarter tank of gas, stripped, and 100 ocatne gas with chip it will. Tires will play a big roll. Also it depends where you live.
i didnt really consider a 100 octane tune... perhaps... then

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have not seen and SVT with bolt ons, drop below 14.7s And that was on a pretty good day. When I had those on my car I was running consitant 14.8's.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sacramento, we are only 25 feet over the ocean, our humidity is low, the track has specail grip at the start, and its not hot in October(64-70F) at 5:00PM.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I figure I can hit low to mid 12's........ a turbo is still a bolt on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts