Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get my hands on an svt front bumper for $80! My question is what do i have to do to make it fit on my 01 sedan? Will I have to take the whole foglight wiring harness or can i just take the foglights themselves? i have foglights in my old bumper. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Not sure about the fog lights, but this has been done before. The SVT bumper should bolt right up IIRC.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
The bumper bolts right up. To use the stock fog light harness, you would need to hack the correct connector or just buy the Ford Racing adapter SVT for light harness. Personally, I'd buy the harness. It makes things simple, and will be a great selling point if you want to sell the bumper in the future.
Considering how inexpensive the bumper is, the harness is worth the expenditure.
Check with Steve at [email protected] for a price on the fog light adapter harness.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
I can get my hands on an svt front bumper for $80! My question is what do i have to do to make it fit on my 01 sedan? Will I have to take the whole foglight wiring harness or can i just take the foglights themselves? i have foglights in my old bumper. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If the bumper is from a wrecked SVT Focus, I would see if you can just take off the fog lights and their connectors (I'd get as much of the wiring from the connector as you can).

My SVT fog light connectors are just pigtail connectors my dealer had that were soldered/connected to the existing non-SVT fog light wires. There should be two wires to connect, but you need to play with the wires to see which wire joins up correctly. Once you got it and secured the connection, I'd use some electrical tape and tubing to protect the wires from the elements.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts